Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: America's 2nd Civil War

Re: America's 2nd Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Well what about all the job losses here in the UK since this pandemic first unfolded, let alone the USA and the rest of the world?

Should we all be having a go at Bozzer and Co over it all?
    Well that depends on how they responded. If they hadn't introduced the furlough scheme companies would have started redundancies. Did the government introduce it quickly enough though?

They have been criticised over lack of financial support to SME.

The SNP are also getting criticised over not passing funds onto Scottish businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Await the feminist backlash. So you get two minority groups in a very ugly battle. And many of the former may be LGBT+ who disagree.

Does the science back it up?

I always find it interesting this is women vs women. Where are all the debates about transgender men who want to compete in men's sport? Surely they are out there in equal numbers? But does the advantage become a disadvantage in this group...?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Await the feminist backlash. So you get two minority groups in a very ugly battle. And many of the former may be LGBT+ who disagree.

Does the science back it up?

I always find it interesting this is women vs women. Where are all the debates about transgender men who want to compete in men's sport? Surely they are out there in equal numbers? But does the advantage become a disadvantage in this group...?
    Just like some of these conservatives flipped out over transgender people being able to use the bathroom of their choice, thinking that there were going to be loads of perverts and pedophiles trying to use it as a way victimize women, they're now thinking that there are going to be hoards of transgender people competing in women's sports unfairly. That's simply not happening. In either case. What's between a person's legs is that persons' own business. Let people use the facilities and leagues that's the best fit for their gender identity. If it looks like that individual has an unfair advantage, then deal with it on a case-by-case business. This crap about transgender people ruining sports is just what I said, crap...and usually brought up by people who have no idea or awareness about transgender issues because they're still thinking about gender as a binary issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Just like some of these conservatives flipped out over transgender people being able to use the bathroom of their choice, thinking that there were going to be loads of perverts and pedophiles trying to use it as a way victimize women, they're now thinking that there are going to be hoards of transgender people competing in women's sports unfairly. That's simply not happening. In either case. What's between a person's legs is that persons' own business. Let people use the facilities and leagues that's the best fit for their gender identity. If it looks like that individual has an unfair advantage, then deal with it on a case-by-case business. This crap about transgender people ruining sports is just what I said, crap...and usually brought up by people who have no idea or awareness about transgender issues because they're still thinking about gender as a binary issue.
    Then that differs to here, Vee. It's feminists who are saying all that, not conservatives.

The question, for me, is about the ability of the individual body. If the levels of male hormones and muscularity are above that of female competitors then you have a problem.

I only ever see this battle between feminist & transgender groups. Men discuss it less. But if the science tells us transgender women should compete with other women due to physical characteristics then either there are more transgender competitors or transgender men aren't fighting for the right to compete in mens sports.

What's between the legs is irrelevant as is what you declare yourself as. It has to be fair to all and that means the other women or men.

As far as I remember some base it on % of male hormones in tests. But I do wonder about the timescale involved before a previously stronger male loses that to settle into a woman's class?

That's not to say we don't see the same arguments about sexual predators.

EDIT: Bloody women, we just can't win!
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 26-01-21 at 23:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Based on the links you post, for you to say you don't know who Alex Jones and David Duke are, especially if you're a ReTrumplican, is absolute nonsense!

You've learned how to use the Tweety spin quite well I have to say!

FMP
    James Hodgkinson - Know who he is FMP? He's a big time Bernie supporter. I'm sure you and he agree on many things politically. He's a big fan of Obamacare like you are. He's also the guy that took a gun and shot four people at a GOP softball game in 2017. He did it over Obamacare. Are you a fan of Hodgkinson's?

Of course I know who they are. What's your point of bringing up David Duke in the first place?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post

FMP
    Good non answer.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    So forget all that blather about case by case nonsense and let's answer the basic question:

Should female sports teams be forced to accept males in female clothing on to their teams? Yes or no?

It's a simple question.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    So forget all that blather about case by case nonsense and let's answer the basic question:

Should female sports teams be forced to accept males in female clothing on to their teams? Yes or no?

It's a simple question.
    It's not as simple a question as that and you know it but IMO, YES. We're not talking about a man dressing up as a woman or visa versa. If a male identifies as a woman and undergoes the conversion treatments, hormonal treatments and/or surgeries, I personally don't see it as an issue as the we're not talking about transgenders taking over a sport (or any profession). The same goes for a woman identifying as a male. If they've undergone the conversion therapies and/or surgeries, why not? Again, if we see a couple dozen in amateur or professional sports in the next 10 years, I'd be surprised.

If a transgender woman (Rachel Levine) can serve in a high ranking position in the Biden administration, and now transgenders serve and defend our country in the military (thank you Joe!), why not in other capacities or professions?

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 27-01-21 at 18:33.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

As far as I'm concerned, there's little point in any of us arguing with Noivous on here any longer, as nothing in this world is likely to convince him/her otherwise!

It just seems to be going round in circles just like one of Phil's threads in the Covid sub-section that ended up being shut down the other day by one of the moderators.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 27-01-21 at 18:52.

Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread Information