Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: America's 2nd Civil War

Re: America's 2nd Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I get get a lot of help from a few people on pm as I have tried on the forum but have had in the past not 1 reply so delete the thread.It is a Clubhouse,Terry not that hard to see.
    It can be a face fits place, fall out with someone and you find their buddies coming out of the woodwork. Thankfully I find it's not much like that but I've been on the end of the games some play. Like when a kid tests the boundaries if parents won't stop them, once Admin put their foot down most shrink back into place.

Become a repetitive poster, Lola. You won't believe the attention you will get then

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Caster Semenya's case is a good example of the unfairness to female born athletes.
    Yep, it's a very difficult one. The old way would have been exclusion but progress highlights some problems where helping some hurts others. It tips to far one way.

Exclusion is unfair but so is accommodating people to the point of discrimination against others. And this particular issue has seen feminists, a group still fighting for equality, taking on an element of the LGBT+ community over their fight for equality. Positive discrimination being illegal in UK law.

As Minister for Wokeness here is my solution: every athlete gets their own competition/race where they compete against themselves to win & lose. You win gold, silver & bronze! But also get a wooden spoon for coming last. From there you can be a glass half empty or full person.

Team sports are also covered as I'm introducing genetic cloning so you only 'play with yourself'
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 30-01-21 at 06:07. Reason: Typo

Ugh, I thought things were calming down but then I read about a couple of really insane bills being introduced into the Arizona state house about overturning Presidential election results and the possibility of the death penalty for abortion. Geez, I feel like I poke my head out out of the hole in new found calmness for a few minutes before getting whacked by a mallet once again.

Best to dodge that mallet, Peter and steer clear of triggering news reports?

Think you've got to remember it's the other side of the world. Does it affect you? Abortion law changes won't. But I get what you mean that it's just more madness in the media. You just despair at the stupidity but it's a classic case of learning what you put your emotional energy into.

Right now there are human rights abuses happening everywhere. Considering that abortion law we could look at the plight of women in El Salvador where they get locked up for decades even if the were assaulted resulting in a child. Even a child being abused, who loses a baby as a result of it, is put through it all whilst the abuser gets a much lighter sentence. Religion & patriarchy where women are possessions.

As our American friends would say "it sucks". But you would live your days in depression thinking about how bad life if out there for so many. You can try and help in various ways or learn to lessen the impacts of it on you.

Thanks Pulisa, I know you're right. But it kind of feels like I'm just being blissfully ignorant.

Thanks Terry.
    Yeah, you're certainly right about perspective. The thing is though that I know quite a few people from America and it's them I'm worried for, and kind of a desperation that I can't really do anything about it from over here.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Think you've got to remember it's the other side of the world. Does it affect you? Abortion law changes won't. But I get what you mean that it's just more madness in the media. You just despair at the stupidity but it's a classic case of learning what you put your emotional energy into.

Right now there are human rights abuses happening everywhere. Considering that abortion law we could look at the plight of women in El Salvador where they get locked up for decades even if the were assaulted resulting in a child. Even a child being abused, who loses a baby as a result of it, is put through it all whilst the abuser gets a much lighter sentence. Religion & patriarchy where women are possessions.

As our American friends would say "it sucks". But you would live your days in depression thinking about how bad life if out there for so many. You can try and help in various ways or learn to lessen the impacts of it on you.

Lots of of human rights being pushed out of the media in many many countries even my own,Lybia is bad I received my World Vision monthly subscription and no good news in it,except for an interesting read on Bill and Melinda Gates regarding vaccines

Quote Originally Posted by Peterthegreatworrier View Post
    Thanks Terry.
    Yeah, you're certainly right about perspective. The thing is though that I know quite a few people from America and it's them I'm worried for, and kind of a desperation that I can't really do anything about it from over here.
    Peter,why not do something like donate a backpack bed for a homeless person or volunteer sometime helping out,you won’t believe how good you feel.I have a lot of friends in the USA but I can’t do anything for them other than make sure they are keeping safe and wearing a Mask.

Just caught up with this thread....
    In my opinion, (for what it's worth), if people are passionate about something they want to talk about it, it may even be a topic that causes them anxiety or depression. And there is your link to use the Site for that purpose as long as Nicola approves of such subject material.
    However! Rules should apply when corresponding.
    Don't make personal attacks.
    Respect another person's views.
    Understand that may be someone doesn't think the same as you and don't think bad of them for that.
    Don't shout, swear or name call because then that makes you look like a twit!
    Stick to the topic that was first created by the thread creator.
    Have compassion for the person's concerns.
    And remember anyone can read what you post, not just the members in the group, but anyone public worldwide.

Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread Information