Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: America's 2nd Civil War

Re: America's 2nd Civil War

I saw a little of it Pulisa. What a couple of frauds. And getting Oprah was not some random pick. It's more of the same. Even her faux astonishment was obvious. They're playin to the cancel crowd. There's big money in it BTW. Harry's stock is plummeting. What a fool. For my money Queen Elizabeth is the most dignified woman on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by blessednotstressed View Post
    Trump is the best thing to happen to the USA, he will be back.
    This person is obviously a WUM, hardly surprising they've been banned.

I still can't fathom how someone from the UK can be such a die-hard Trumpite and such a psychic know-it-all, when they can't even vote for him (or for anyone else over there) from here!!

Really odd.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way, Noivous. I felt that the whole charade was an insult to people who genuinely suffer from severe mental health difficulties.

As for the racism card, she knew it was a winner. Whether it turns out to be is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post

I still can't fathom how someone from the UK can be such a die-hard Trumpite and such a psychic know-it-all, when they can't even vote for him (or for anyone else over there) from here!!

Really odd.
    Does that work the other way around for non-US citizen Trump haters as well lenso?

I was talking about this with FM. I do feel for H & M a bit, but I don't empathize with them. I can imagine someone asking "How dark do you think your kid will be?" That happens pretty often. Colorism is alive and well, even in families with a lot of different races and ethnicity. And I can believe the media was unkind and intense; I mean, we all saw that. I can also believe that she didn't get to leave the house for long stretches of time; think about how much security you'd have to summon just to leave the house?

But what I can't believe is that she was so naive as to know nothing about the royal family when going into it. Even if she was naive enough not to do any research, why would Harry not have warned her? I can't believe that he's just throw his wife in with no warning about all the rules and expectations. Also, she's not that young. She had to have known that his mom passed away being chased down by paparazzi. That obviously tells you that the media pressure will be intense. I wonder if she thought she would just go in and change everything? I mean, a lot of people getting married thinking they will change their spouse.

I don't think either side is without blame here.

Really odd.
    I've got mates exactly like that.

Really odd.
    They were trolling. Could have been from anywhere. We once had a member who registered as from Antartica so she got a bit of stick about being a penguin.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I was talking about this with FM. I do feel for H & M a bit, but I don't empathize with them. I can imagine someone asking "How dark do you think your kid will be?" That happens pretty often. Colorism is alive and well, even in families with a lot of different races and ethnicity. And I can believe the media was unkind and intense; I mean, we all saw that. I can also believe that she didn't get to leave the house for long stretches of time; think about how much security you'd have to summon just to leave the house?

But what I can't believe is that she was so naive as to know nothing about the royal family when going into it. Even if she was naive enough not to do any research, why would Harry not have warned her? I can't believe that he's just throw his wife in with no warning about all the rules and expectations. Also, she's not that young. She had to have known that his mom passed away being chased down by paparazzi. That obviously tells you that the media pressure will be intense. I wonder if she thought she would just go in and change everything? I mean, a lot of people getting married thinking they will change their spouse.

Some of that is in the debunking e.g. picture of a young Meghan with a friend in front of Buckingham Palace (same friend says they used to know plenty and saw when Diana died), parts of Meghan's TV show talked about royalty, Harry saying he talked to the Queen for years about leaving, the question about colour being at different times periods they both allege, the number of times she left the palace or went on holiday, use of her passport, etc. How about not understanding her son's title? Just ask your husband! Not sure where she gets they are changing the convention for her son from but Charles said long before she came on the scene that he supports the Queens decision to stay small (he wants it smaller) as we saw when Randy Andy tried to get extra money for his daughters which was denied. It's unpopular with the public for a start.

It's really unravelling.

It would be pressure. That's being super rich though. There are rules of conduct but some of them are pretty tiny like dress code and carrying black formal attire when travelling, ettiquette, etc. Anyone who's had a real job understands dress codes. So it just extended a bit further into what we would have as personal time but it's not the end of the world and all the privilege you get offsets some inconvenience.

The press did give her a hard time but how much is because of how she acts? She's running around sending in complaints because she doesn't like negative press. Our royals mostly ignore the press unless they really step over the line. She's acting very much like a celeb does by retaliating which justs makes the hacks go harder. It's not nice but it's what they do. Celebs get hounded too.

She certainly faced racism from the public but that's always going to happen. To them she is invading "their" white monarchy so they will hate her. But how many just didn't like what she was doing? It's all lumped together under racism. Then people dislike her even more.

Just too many question marks in all this.

America's 2nd Civil War

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post

I empathise with them.
    I don’t dislike the royals. I don’t dislike Meghan and Harry. I think the media behaviour has been revolting.

She may not have realised life would be so bad. It’s like before you have kids and people tell you how tired you’ll be, and you think - I’ve been tired before, how bad can it be?
    And Harry, what does he need to be living like that for, she’s shown him that there are other ways that are less restrictive and controlled. He’s always fought against that life I think.

I feel for them all. So much miscommunication and misunderstanding because they can’t just sit and have a conversation.

And everyone focuses on her painting her as some awful woman who has ruined Harry’s life. I hate all this demonising of certain women, especially when they are strong and don’t play along with the media.

Anyway. Just my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one forced her to marry Harry though and it's not as if she were thrown into Royal life overnight.

Their wedding was hardly a denial of her ethnicity.

She was never going to be the new Diana though

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread Information