Thread: Cervical cancer

Cervical cancer

Hi I’m 21
    I had the copper iud inserted in January and have since been having weird discharge that was often brown but I thought was normal and they say to wait 6 months for to settle.
    However recently , I seem to be getting pink spotting after sex and cramping and am now worried because I thought it was just the copper iud but can’t find anyone else online who experience similar . I also do get pain sometimes during but never thought about it because I have always had pain sometimes since I was younger.
    Now I’m worried it’s cervical cancer as it says it’s not normal happens. It hasn’t moved or come out as I can still feel the strings so now I’m worrying a lot about this.

Re: Cervical cancer

It's so, so common to have spotting after sex. There are endless posts about it. Even moreso if you have the coil.

I've had spotting after sex my whole life and I'm 31 now and haven't been diagnosed with cervical cancer yet.

Yes, speak to your doctor, but this is sooo unlikely to be cervical cancer at your age. Unfortunately I don't think you'll be allowed cervical screening until you're a bit older, but I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thread Information