Thread: Right side Breast Pain-good news stories please x

Right side Breast Pain-good news stories please x

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker first time poster,please be nice lol.

i am a 40 year old female that got HA when my now 8 year old was born. Never had issues before.

i am non smoker regular weight no health issues that I know of.

i have started to feel stabbing pains or just general soreness in right breast. Sometimes in my left but I think that’s normal, this seems to be always hanging around. Not painful,just there. I can’t tell if it’s really on or off which scares me. Sometimes if I move in a way it’s like a sharp stab.I had a large lymph node scanned that side 2 years ago,with no concerns, but can’t help maybe it’s progressed, as I’ve seen people say it can take up to 10 years for a tumour to grow.ive been taking ibuprofen and evening primrose oil for the last 2 days to try to get it to stop. My periods due next week but it’s Been there the whole month that I can pinpoint.

this really has me on edge as one of my friends has inflammatory breast cancer and is at end of life care. She’s 38 2 kids as well, so really freaking out. I’ve never had a mammogram, not sure when they start inAus, but scared to go in case they find something.

Has as anyone had this and had good news.something I can hold hope to? Sorry for the long post but my mums not around since 16 so no one really to ask. All my friends are younger than me so not really going through the same time frame health wise.

Re: Right side Breast Pain-good news stories please x

I've had this and been for a mammogram and ultrasound and it was all fine. The consultant told me the pain was nothing to worry about and most likely hormonal. Strange thing is I rarely have it now so a lot of it may have been in my head. I think when you have someone close dealing with breast cancer as I also do, it heightens our fear. Talk to your gp if you feel you need to but pain usually isn't a concern.

Thank you Pearly Queen for that information.there is just so much conflicting information out there and even on her, just not sure which is the best advice.i will see how it settles after my period and if still lurking then go to my GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Me180 View Post
    Thank you Pearly Queen for that information.there is just so much conflicting information out there and even on her, just not sure which is the best advice.i will see how it settles after my period and if still lurking then go to my GP.
    There is something called cyclical breast pain and non cyclical which can come at any time. Also my consultant did also mention about the importance of a well fitting bra. I am not very well endowed and am guilty of buying maybe not the best quality bras sometimes just because they are pretty! All can make a difference. Hope you feel more reassuranced.

I’m still having these pains.... sometimes they seem to come up in the same 2 places, one towards my armpit and one at the top. And it seems to be worse at night.
    If this was anything sinister would you be able to “forget “ about the pain, I’m just not sure if it goes or just is there and gets worse. Also do you get the pain in the same areas around that time of the month or is that unusual? It just seems to be quiet and then raging if that makes sense but always on the same size. Trying to stay out of the rabbit hole.
    Hope everyone’s staying safe during these crazy times ��

I have intermittent right side breast pain - got it now. I've had a mammogram after a referral due to the pain and it was fine. I was told then that I probably had costochondritis which is inflammation of the cartilage that connects the ribs to the breast bone. Mine has been going on (and off) for over a year.

I had another routine mammogram on Saturday so the pressing and squeezing may well have irritated the breast again. My right one is more glandular (apparently) so maybe that's why it's more sensitive.

I totally get that you're far more sensitised to it all because of your friend. Especially if you have HA...

Best x

Thank you Nicole, it does seem to have subsided. It’s hard to ignore though when something gets in your head. I’ve never had a mammogram as in aus u can only get it as routine from 40. So I keep thinking should I get one to help my anxiety, but then what if somethings there. It’s a hard battle sometimes. But thank you for taking the time to answer. It’s much appreciated.

Thread Information