Thread: Very soft stools and pain

Very soft stools and pain

My anxiety has been very high for a few weeks. I'm going to the breast clinic next week and I seem to be in a downward spiral with my HA.
    For the past few weeks my stools have been very soft. Not as bad as diahorria but not too far from it either. I was putting it down to anxiety because I think anxiety can do this. But lately I have a small pain, just around the entrance to the anus. It's nothing severe but my mind is starting to wander to bad places about it. I also seem to have a bit of a full feeling down there, even after I go to the toilet.
    Can anxiety cause very soft stools for weeks? And can soft stools make things a little sore/raw down there?
    I was rationalising this up until a day or two ago but now I'm going to that bad place again. And I don't suffer from IBS.

Re: Very soft stools and pain

Absolutely anxiety can make this happen. I've had it myself although I do have ibs. Things at the moment are very hard and even people like my husband who doesn't suffer anxiety is feeling anxious. You are in heightened state of anxiety and your body is just responding to that.

Anxiety can affect your whole digestive system, from the time you swallow food until you eliminate it and everywhere else in between.

Thank you both for replying!

I think I've accepted that anxiety could very well be the cause of my stools being so soft.
    But the slight pain down there, and the full feeling - could that also be caused by anxiety and what it's doing to my stools?
    I'm not sure how it could be, but then again I will only see things from a bad point of view.... Logic is gone out the window at the moment.

Thread Information