Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Out of Lockdown ...

Re: New Zealand Out of Lockdown ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Attachment 5063I have my updated bags ready too go.
    Love the shabby chic gear You might need those boots soon as it's blimin freezing over here at present, might be a frost overnight! But it's been a fab Indian Summer/Autumn although we're now on water restrictions as rain's been scarce this year No winter veggies planted this year except spinach (and rhubarb).

Yep it’s rather chilly here too.They had water restrictions here up until February,it’s raining now I mowed the lawn last looks like it did when I moved back,l o n g again grrr.As for growing anything well WM I can grow weeds and cacti’s lol,if you go by our resident conspiracy theorist you might have Covid on your veggies I am quite partial to spinach and feta rolls tho.

1CCCF933-1B53-457D-B8E9-32B7FF4A8E6B.jpg
    Thought you would like this.

Just watched the 11pm news and we are allowed 50 people in a restaurant and hotel,I still don’t think the pubs will open way to many overheads.As of next month we can go camping wow. WM I have taken my P/K so have a lovely(whats left of it night xx)and yak tomorrow

Yep it’s rather chilly here too.They had water restrictions here up until February,it’s raining now I mowed the lawn last looks like it did when I moved back,l o n g again grrr.As for growing anything well WM I can grow weeds and cacti’s lol,if you go by our resident conspiracy theorist you might have Covid on your veggies I am quite partial to spinach and feta rolls tho.

1CCCF933-1B53-457D-B8E9-32B7FF4A8E6B.jpg
    Thought you would like this.
    Most apt Ms L, of course no one on this forum would ever drive like that, they're far too considerate of ones mental health and wouldn't want to cause a motorway panic

Yesterday arvo we actually pulled weeds and noticed some spinach leaves had rust spots on them, likely to be Coronofungi, geeze I hope there's no local community spread, the neighbours won't be impressed! We've had a couple of cell phone towers set alight, so there's nutters in every countries!

A few days ago the National Party (in opposition) had a meltdown and ousted their leader Simon Bridges so now have a new one Todd Muller! In his office he has a cabinet of American memorabilia, his fav is a MAGA cap (Make America Great Again), so another political nut bar... just wondering how that will go down with his national supporters!

Update: it's raining from a northerly direction, thanks for sending us some from across the Tassie
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 24-05-20 at 11:20.

Enjoy the rain

Those caps are made in China where back in January the idiot called the virus a hoaxI watched all the stupid things he has said since then about the China Virus the ******.

NSW and Victoria have opened up even further,our Premier is standing firm on not opening up more or the border.
    WA and NT are still closed
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 25-05-20 at 01:56. Reason: Admin edit

Enjoy the rain NSW and Victoria have opened up even further,our Premier is standing firm on not opening up more or the border. WA and NT are still closed
    Your Premier AP is very wise to keep the borders closed down. Even though we only had one new case last week, the borders will remained closed. The 10,000th passenger entered the quarantine facilities at the weekend on a flight from Melbourne, so Kiwi's from Aus are still returning home.

Yes more rain today, I'm not impressed but know we desperately need it

How long is the flight from Aus to NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    How long is the flight from Aus to NZ?
    Hi AntsyVee, it depends what part of Aust you're travelling from as there can be a 7 hr difference:

Perth (Aus) to Auckland (NZ) 7 hrs,
    Melbourne (Aus) to Auck (NZ) 4 hrs
    Sydney (Aus) to Auck (NZ) 3 hrs
    Queenland (Aust) to Auck (NZ) 3.5 hrs

Wow, I didn't think they'd have flights out of Perth to NZ, I figured they'd all be out of Sydney or Melbourne. From the east coast, that's a pretty short flight. Even though I've been to Aus, I didn't realize you all were that close.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Wow, I didn't think they'd have flights out of Perth to NZ, I figured they'd all be out of Sydney or Melbourne. From the east coast, that's a pretty short flight. Even though I've been to Aus, I didn't realize you all were that close.
    Some people think that NZ is a part of Australia!

Most of us travel to and fro each others countries, I've been to 5 cities in Aust and my daughters have had holidays over there. Lots of NZ er's live and work in Aust. and visa versa. Although I'm English born, I have far more in common with Aussies, we both have our origins in the same countries and are ex-colonials (like Canadians and English South Africans).

I've got cousins in Aust and many have family here in NZ. Both are lovely places to live except we don't have snakes in NZ

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information