Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Out of Lockdown ...

Re: New Zealand Out of Lockdown ...

Wow, that is a long time and I guess it could take that long to procure a vaccine. Our PM's have been talking about a Trans-Tasman- Travel- Bubble but that's sometime into the future. It would definitely bolster tourism.

Most of the Pacific Islands locked down their borders early and have got on top of Covid (some didn't get any cases) so travel may be possible there too in the near future. People would still have to quarantine for 14 days when entering the country.
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 23-05-20 at 09:09.

The trans Tasman bubble has been discussed here but I don't know the outcome.
    14 days makes a big hole in a holiday.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    The trans Tasman bubble has been discussed here but I don't know the outcome.
    14 days makes a big hole in a holiday.
    Sure does, I was discussing this with my fiance, people would have to plan at least 4-6 weeks holiday. Our PM is floating the idea of a 4 day working week as we're not running at full capacity. It also gives people a 3 day weekend if they want to travel somewhere and have a bit of a holiday (if they can afford it) as tourism is really suffering.

Same here with our tourism industry,this time of year we have a lot of Grey Nomads that head north plus the islands in the Whitsundays are really struggling a lot of Chinese in tour groups come up here and put millions into our economy.
    Can you travel down the South Island WM?when that Trans Tasman bubble starts and I can leave the state in 2023 hey Phill I sure hope that Anna was taking the piss out on the nsw premier lol, I will be heading to MT CooK and also head your way and try some Sourdough

Yep domestic travel has resumed but with social distancing, so the planes are only half full. We can go anywhere in NZ now and the PM is encouraging it especially to get the tourism going. She's been flying around to various tourist spots chatting with the locals . My partner's (daughter & partner and baby) live in Rotorua, so we'll be travelling down there for a few days in June.

So 2023 for international travel... seems a l o n g time. I know borders won't be opening up here for a long time, it's just too risky. We has 7 days of zero cases then got one case connecting to an existing cluster, so was already in isolation, so it's still smouldering away!! Haven't made any sourdough, just buy a g/f loaf if I need one. Made a great g/f date and walnut loaf though.

Why is it whenever I hear the word "Rotorua" I hear "Rotovirus"?

I don't know, please do tell. Of course if you mean rotavirus, I know what that is

We call Rotorua= Rotovegas and also Ashburton = Ashvegas, if we're going for our hols there

I remember the first time I went to Rotorua the smell knocked me for a Sixer lol was told it was from those hot springs or something like that.
    We did the hitchhiking thing and had a ball.Everyone that picked us up new we were Aussies not like yanks or Canadians they had fancy backpacks ours were swags and those cheap striped plastic bagsThose were the days WM.
    That g/f date and walnut loaf sure sounds good.
    I must apologise for my unique writing style not putting in commas or my poor spelling it’s called laziness and don’t care.

I don’t think it won’t be 2023 before they open the border we rely on Oil and the list goes on.So see you next year I reckon and your new grandchild.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I remember the first time I went to Rotorua the smell knocked me for a Sixer lol was told it was from those hot springs or something like that.
    We did the hitchhiking thing and had a ball.Everyone that picked us up new we were Aussies not like yanks or Canadians they had fancy backpacks ours were swags and those cheap striped plastic bagsThose were the days WM.
    That g/f date and walnut loaf sure sounds good.
    I must apologise for my unique writing style not putting in commas or my poor spelling it’s called laziness and don’t care.

I don’t think it won’t be 2023 before they open the border we rely on Oil and the list goes on.So see you next year I reckon and your new grandchild.
    It's the sulphur from the gysers, you can see the steam rising from holes alongside the roads, smells like rotten eggs but great for the sinus Hitchhiking was real popular back in the day and the Aussies were/are our mates. Borders bound to open up to Aus by end of year ... if you wait until 2023 there's likely to be 2 grandies

EAEE4A95-7E8C-43EC-A388-97CAC3D70C2F.jpgI have my updated bags ready too go.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information