Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Out of Lockdown ...

Re: New Zealand Out of Lockdown ...

flight from Brisbane to Christchurch is 4 hrs.
    This is ridiculous.
    NSW and VIC have more cases than any other state.
    https://www.themorningbulletin.com.a...e-war/4022731/

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Read your article ...hmm seems odd indeed!
    This in the Herald ...
    PM Ardern said she could not put a time frame on when travel to Australia might resume - but warned "it won't be weeks" - it would be longer.
    She did not want travel to and from Australia to endanger the very low rates of the virus in New Zealand.

I'd rather wait longer too.
    Our Premier (QLD) has said no international travel until 2023 except maybe NZ.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

That is a long time Phill I really don’t think it will be that long, I hope not,spose to go over for Sturgis

WM heard there was an earthquake over there today.
    Last edited by Lolalee1; 13-06-20 at 11:38.

Yep, was a 5.8 mag, lower North Island so the Beehive (where the govt sit in Wellywood) had a good 'ol shake-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    I'd rather wait longer too.
    Our Premier (QLD) has said no international travel until 2023 except maybe NZ.
    JA will wait longer also, she won't move until the DGOH says it's safe. I was reading that if no new cases show up between 27-33 days then Covid19 could be considered eradicated with a 95% probability. I guess with a bit longer it could get to 100% probability.

Just look at these idiots:

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-26/...t-to-continue/

What is wrong with people?!!! This is another reason the government should never have said sunbathing was ok as long as you social distance.

Also where are the police and local councils in any of this? They could have planned for it, monitored incoming traffic, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

What is wrong with people?!!! This is another reason the government should never have said sunbathing was ok as long as you social distance.

Also where are the police and local councils in any of this? They could have planned for it, monitored incoming traffic, etc.
    Yes Terry, it's the mixed messages from above, that have confused the populace and now I guess they're are just over it with the Summer approaching

It was still Summer here, but the messages were always very clear. The fiance and I were on holiday up north at Kerikeri (a popular spot) when we got the first message on TV. We'd only been there 2 days (of our 7) and decided to go home (back to Auckland) ... that was Mon and lockdown came into force Wed 11:59 pm. Anyone who was on the road after that, either had to be going to the supo or the chemist. Police were out on the motorways and there were helicopters around at night, so we all knew how serious it was. In saying that we only have 5 million people so it would have been much easier to enforce. I'm not gloating here, it's just the way it happened

Even the Australian PM nearly blew it, saying that people couldn't go to the hairdressers but could spend 30 mins at a beauty salon (or visa versa) WTF (mixed messages) which he then withdrew! Luckily some of the wiser Australian State Premiers took more of a hard line, went into lockdown earlier and closed their borders, Queensland is one such State.

Once the horse has bolted, it's so much harder to capture it again (oops one of those sayings again, too bad)

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

Lock the idiots up in their homes and throw away their door keys, I say!

The masses cannot be trusted and will seek to enjoy themselves at any given opportunity

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Lock the idiots up in their homes and throw away their door keys, I say!

The masses cannot be trusted and will seek to enjoy themselves at any given opportunity
    In Mrs Browns words "That's nice"

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information