Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Out of Lockdown ...

Re: New Zealand Out of Lockdown ...

Here's an interesting piece. Not specific to NZ but we're all going through similar conditions to one degree or another right now in regard to lockdowns .

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...nued-lockdowns

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    We had the same after the EU referendum but if it's still an issue the media seem to have lost interest. The lid has to be slammed on these idiots. People may vote the same way but they won't want to be associated with racists like them.
    By the same token we hardly ever seem to hear of the EDL and the like these days. Back in the early-mid 2010s they seemed to be causing rucks all over the country. Likewise, the media seem to have lost interest in the so-called 'chav' culture that was the subject of a fully-fledged moral panic during much of the 2000s, and ASBO also seems to have lost its 'buzzword' status over the past decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    By the same token we hardly ever seem to hear of the EDL and the like these days.
    That's because the pubs and football are shut

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    That's because the pubs and football are shut
    I was actually referring to the past couple of years in particular, that they have barely received any media attention, to the extent that they did back in around 2012-13 when they and their antics seemed to be at their prime.

They probably keep lower key with their antics these days, coupled with the fact that XR appear to have been the latest, all-the-rage 'protest' group since around the end of 2018 or so. And no doubt they themselves will be superseded by another 'protest' group/movement/fad of some sort in 2021 and/or beyond.

I find it hard to believe that UK have just announced international travellers have to Quarantine for 14 days?our border has been closed for a couple of months I just don’t get it.
    The state I live in will not be opening it’s boarders until September and still can only travel 150ks.We have had no reported cases only 1 nurse and 2 people who travelled from Brisbane to the north.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I find it hard to believe that UK have just announced international travellers have to Quarantine for 14 days?our border has been closed for a couple of months I just don’t get it.
    The state I live in will not be opening it’s boarders until September and still can only travel 150ks.We have had no reported cases only 1 nurse and 2 people who travelled from Brisbane to the north.
    Yep, talk about a late reaction. Lockdown the country but still let people in...as long as they promise too self isolate if needed.

There was talk about containment but I seem to recall complaints about loss of rights...

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I was actually referring to the past couple of years in particular, that they have barely received any media attention, to the extent that they did back in around 2012-13 when they and their antics seemed to be at their prime.

They probably keep lower key with their antics these days, coupled with the fact that XR appear to have been the latest, all-the-rage 'protest' group since around the end of 2018 or so. And no doubt they themselves will be superseded by another 'protest' group/movement/fad of some sort in 2021 and/or beyond.
    I think it's a case of multiple factors with the biggest one being the Farage type effect, Robinson moving on from them. Then Britain First seemed to ramp up. And wasn't the new EDL guy found to be the very type of sex offender Robinson was campaigning about, albeit the wrong colour for him So like UKIP they fizzled out?

Did those people that entered the country get tested once they set foot on solid ground?it ain’t that hard too test them(good English aye )
    I had to self isolate when I came back from NSW which turned out too be closer to 21 days and that’s in my own country not coming in from US or any other country.
    Bloody mad over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    Hi Ms L, it is difficult to understand because it's not our experience or reality, our govt's have done things differently, which has definitely been beneficial for us as NZer's and Australians (with QLD being extra vigilant). No plans yet to open up borders here either.
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 23-05-20 at 07:18.

QLD is currently saying no international travel before 2023.
    I think it's a wise move on their part.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information