Thread: Chest strains

Chest strains

I had bronchitis in late july/early august and during august I was still coughing abit so saw my GP and he said my chest was infact clear now but inflammed from the bronchitis so thats why I was still coughing. I also had a pain in my chest when i moved or coughed which he said was a strain, it eased off after about 6-7 weeks. I haven't had a strain now for a few weeks but then yesterday I noticed a similar feeling in my chest but higher up, it is in my breast bones/sort of below my collar bone iyswim? it feels a little tender to touch between the bones in that area but when i put pressure on my left hand or if i twist to the right it pulls and aches in that area. Its on the smae side as last time but abit higher up.

The only thing i can think is that i lifted my 17mth old nephew who isn't yet walking and is VERY heavy, 30lbs + and i am not used to it. I was lifting him in and out of my utility room, other than that i did lift his slightly heavier than my daughters buggy out of my boot but ive been lifting buggies for years.

Down my right side also aches abit so im wondering if it is a strain, does it sound like it? I am abit paranoid though that its the 2nd strain ive had in 2mths.

Has anyone had any experience of strains? I am not coughing anymore and my breathing is ok other than the dr saying i get a little wheezy from time to time due to the bronchitis still irritating my chest, he said it will take a while to repair completly.

Slap me for worrying!! \Surely if its when i twist or put weight on my hands its just a strain and a strain never killed anyone i just keep linking it to the bronchitis and maybe they should of done a chest xray back then just incase. My hubby says im daft coz there is no way they can be related other than maybe its left mu chest muscles a little weak.

Re: Chest strain

Hi Cherry, It sounds to me like a strain, I have had similar and when I think back overwhat I have been doing it comes back ,oh yes I lifted these boxes I'm sure it was either lifting the child or the buggy. Try not to worry, easier said than done I know.Hang in there.
    Lesleyb

Re: Chest strains

Hi Cherry
    Do not worry.
    I have this a lot of the time and I didnt have bronchitis.
    As I posted elewhere a few days ago, I do not have good upper body strength anymore in large part because I am afraid of exercising.
    I feel that if I exercise and pull self then I will be worried and anxious of pain in upper body- if any of this makes sense.
    Of course it is somewhat or a lot like a cathc 22- damned if you do and damned if you dont.
    I can barely lift a full laundry basket because of this.
    Please rest assured that when we are anxious we are tighter then others and then the slightest strain increases the tightness which in turn causes pain.
    I get what you posted and frankly I havent lifted any children.
    I also have been having pain in armpit which then goes into breast so that freaks me too.
    Try try to relax and as a friend says, " I do get pains here and there but ignore them." Mind you, she is a retired doctor. LOL.
    Best wishes from across the pond.

Soup

\" I have developed a new philosophy.....I only dread one day at a time.\" Charlie Brown

Re: Chest strains

Thank you both so much, it feels much better today:-)

Very reassuring, glad to know im not the only one who worries abit over things like this.

Thread Information