Thread: Inhalation injury from oven

Inhalation injury from oven

Y’all, please bare with me. My anxiety is insane right now. I’m having a hard time talking myself down. I was making homemade pizzas with my daughter. The oven was set to 450... when I went to open it.. my daughter asked em a question. And I inhaled to respond but my head was leaning towards the oven. Now I’m kind of scared that I have some kind of inhalation injury or I will go into respiratory arrest soon....... I feel like a tickle in my throat and I feel the need to cough. My heart is also racing. I’m really nervous and scared. But apart of me is thinking I’m being irrational. But idk. I can’t relax.

Re: Inhalation injury from oven

Quote Originally Posted by Worrygirl32 View Post
    But apart of me is thinking I’m being irrational.
    Take some deep breaths and ground yourself in reality. You're allowing yourself to spiral and you can put a stop to it by recognizing that people breath in their ovens all of the time.

Best Wishes

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Re: Inhalation injury from oven

Quote Originally Posted by Worrygirl32 View Post
    Y’all, please bare with me. My anxiety is insane right now. I’m having a hard time talking myself down. I was making homemade pizzas with my daughter. The oven was set to 450... when I went to open it.. my daughter asked em a question. And I inhaled to respond but my head was leaning towards the oven. Now I’m kind of scared that I have some kind of inhalation injury or I will go into respiratory arrest soon....... I feel like a tickle in my throat and I feel the need to cough. My heart is also racing. I’m really nervous and scared. But apart of me is thinking I’m being irrational. But idk. I can’t relax.

What exactly do you think the problem might be? I'm struggling to see why you think you will have suffered an injury from this?

Thread Information