Hi friends,

Has anyone had (or is anyone planning to have) surgery during the pandemic? I was set to have a hysterectomy for my giant, painful fibroids on May 13, but ultimately moved it up to July 8 because of COVID. I was hoping by then things would have settled down and my mom would be able to come down and help out during my recovery, etc... But, the closer it gets the more it's seeming like she probably won't want to come stay here and I probably won't be able to have anyone come with me to the hospital.

I will need to schedule my pre-op tests for sometime after June 8 and I also feel worried about going to doctors offices and such. We haven't left our house except to pick up groceries curbside since March 11.

I was already very nervous about this surgery because it will be a major procedure - a large vertical incision from my belly button down - that will likely required a few days in the hospital after and then at least 6 weeks of recovery. With everything going on, my "what ifs" are through the roof. I have a 6 year old who I will probably end up pulling from school to homeschool in the fall and I can't shake the horrible sense of impending doom that I'll die during or after surgery and leave her and my husband alone to navigate the next year or so of this pandemic. My thoughts are really tumbling out of control. I really, really need this surgery for my health and my quality of life, but I'm so scared. I then worry that putting it off from the summer means waiting another year since COVID will probably get bad again in the fall/winter.