Thread: Dry patch and tiny bumps on cervix:(

Dry patch and tiny bumps on cervix:(

It seems just as I'm trying to deal with other health issues and tests everything else just keeps crashing on :( this cycle I've noticed that the posterior part of my cervix is a bit dry, slightly drier than usual. Last week or a bit before that I wrote it down to eh its a drier cycle it'll bounce back. But yesterday I discovered a tiny bump on the bottom of my cervix - feels like a pimple. Today I felt another one and the area between them feels drier than what is normal to me, it almost feels like it crinkles/folds onto itself when pushed slightly. I am beyond terrified, something I've tried brushing off is just v getting worse :'( knock on wood there is no bleeding - but god knows whether that's going to be a symptom soon! :( I've been ocassionally checking my cycle patterns down there for years now, slightly before I developed health anxiety, and I've never ever have something like this develop and I am beyond terrified - do the ladies around here have any experience and can shed some light because I'm writing my 53rd funeral plan now :( if it helps I'm late 20s, just got together with my first partner but he is waiting for me to be ready, knowing all my health concerns and I've only recently finished my hpv jabs. But I know that the jabs aren't a guarantee and there are non hpv cervical cancers out there. I just feel like Im that unlucky one and its spreading bloody quick :(

P.s. A couple of months ago had an abdominal ct scan for bladder issues which was relatively OK with some funky issues but they're sending for one final test. Worried that he amount of radiation received could've caused this :(
    Last edited by GlazedOwl; 16-05-20 at 23:28.

Re: Dry patch and tiny bumps on cervix:(

So, you're a virgin? And you've had the HPV jabs? No way do you have cervical cancer.

The bumps you can feel may be Nabothian cysts (normal) or may just be the normal physiology of your cervix. Mine feels bumpy and uneven too. And it bleeds. I'm 31 and I've not had any abnormal changes found at any of my smears yet.

Cervices aren't perfectly smooth and round. The chances of having cervical cancer in your 20s when you don't have HPV are minutely small.

Also, during the course of your cycle, cervices can feel different and get bumpy and also get red. They usually are the most smooth and moist during ovulation. It's probably normal.

I really honestly don't believe that this is just normal physiology - as I've said I've been regularly checking things down there for years now and I'm pretty confidant in what is normal and this isn't! I've never ever had a single bump or dry patch on my cervix - yes the opening gets dry but that is just in tune with the hormone cycle. This is on the body of the cervix which feels ridiculously dry now and multiple little goosebumps - for years its always been smooth with no disturbances whatsoever how am I supposed to think this is normal :( my CM seems to be extremely dry this cycle as well - I know its normal for it to dry up, but not this much it almost resembles a yeast infection, just without the infection and on a much smaller scale.
    I don't know whether to try and flag down a female gp to talk to in my surgery or to wait for my period to blow over and see if that changes anything. I don't know how to handle this at all!

The cervix does change over time. It can atrophy slightly in the presence of certain hormones. It can develop ectropion, or Nabothian cysts. All of these things are more likely than cancer!

But fo sho get it checked by a doc and hopefully they'll be able to put your mind at rest.

Agreed. Get it checked. It's better to know than to worry through speculation.

I have a pimple like bump right at the opening of my cervix, I noticed it last summer.

I'll probably try and call someone tomorrow. Still very much on the edge - things seem less prominent when there's more lubrication so to say but I can still feel the bumps and the area that's a bit drier than the rest. It's very unsettling and I keep thinking I missed symptoms or ignored small signs for too long and now this is the point of no return :'( also doesn't help that I don't know whether I'll be able to be seen at all because of lockdown. I have no idea how to handle this :(

What are you doing to treat your anxiety? Are you trying to distract yourself from repeat examination of that area?

Thread Information