Thread: Leukaemia scare. Convinced it REAL.

Leukaemia scare. Convinced it REAL.

Recently I've had, as per the title, a Leukaemia scare.

On my shin I've noticed this, it doesn't disappear with pressure, it's what I have found out to be petechiae if I've spelt that correctly.

Along with this I've had other symptoms such as complete lack of energy from the get-go when I wake up, headaches most of the day, a swollen consistent lymph node in neck (my doctor confirmed this months ago), and quite a crap appetite.

As well as that, I've noticed I have been bruising (light yellow) in random area's for no apparent reason...

Has anyone else experienced anything like this right here: https://imgur.com/hUCDNgD

I hope the picture is clear enough, but like I said, it's on my shin.

My only health condition is gilbert sydrome, but apparently that's harmless according to my GP.

I'm going to get an appt asap as I've had this anxiety on and off in a yearly cycle. I go digging and low and behold I find something on my body that is for sure a symptom of something dreadful.

Re: Leukaemia scare. Convinced it REAL.

Looks like a sore or a graze to me. If you look closely you can see skin peeling

Bro I get petechie all the time. I was worried the first few times and rushed to get blood tests but now I’ve stopped caring. They are much more common than you think but of course if you google them leukemia will be the most returned result. Don’t stress it

I also get petechiae all the time. It used to really worry me but it doesn’t so much anymore. After playing with my nephew once and him jumping on my legs they were covered in it and I’ve even got it from holding a hot water bottle in the same spot for too long. I also bruise easily and I’m constantly covered in bruises of all different colours. I also have multiple swollen lymph nodes in my neck (that have been felt be multiple doctors) some have been like that for years now. I’ve known a couple of people who have had (and completely recovered from) leukaemia and it was very obvious very quickly that something wasn’t right, so I’m sure you’re fine

Thanks for the reassurances guys and girls!

I feel like this is just a constant yearly cycle right before my summer, I never get these weird thoughts during the winter :/

I started to taste was tasted like blood and I suffer from a post nasal drip which I have done for years, that has made me think my nose is bleeding which is also another sign of leukaemia.

God it never stops does it :(

Quote Originally Posted by RallyPreach123 View Post
    Thanks for the reassurances guys and girls!

I feel like this is just a constant yearly cycle right before my summer, I never get these weird thoughts during the winter :/

I started to taste was tasted like blood and I suffer from a post nasal drip which I have done for years, that has made me think my nose is bleeding which is also another sign of leukaemia.

God it never stops does it :(

Hey I have the same worry at the moment. I have a lot of petechiae on my lower legs and I’m so depressed. Have you had any answers?

Thread Information