Thread: Freaking out low HR

Freaking out low HR

So I’m the past I have had super high heart rate all the way up to 158 in panic and tonight I’m lying in bed and I though I’d check my heart rate and it’s 60bpm!!! I didn’t drink much Diet Coke today and I only had 4 cigarettes I haven’t had many panic attacks in the last month so I have stopped regularly checking my heart rate. I have lost over a stone in weight. Are these factors that could lower it or do I need to ring 111 right now or 999 I’m panicking in case it’s bradycardia or I’d I sleep my heart rate will go even lower and I’ll die in my sleep. Even after I walked around a bit it increased to 64

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Freaking out low HR

It wasn't long ago that I put up a post about having a low heart rate during a panic attack. Was in the 60's too. Freaked me out, but I have noticed a few times it's happened. It's also usually the times when I've called an ambulance because those panic attacks (if they are panic attacks) are scary.

Resting heartrate of 60 in bed is normal. If you're cutting down on smoking you'll notice some big drops in HR. When I smoke it's in the 80's. When I stop it's in the 60's. I'm quitting now. Wearing a patch and smoked 2 today. My heartrate always drops drastically the first few weeks. I think it's quite normal for this to happen with your HR and quitting smoking if I recall.

On the topic of quitting so many people suggest a vape. Fk that. If I'm quitting I'd rather not put anything into my lungs.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    It wasn't long ago that I put up a post about having a low heart rate during a panic attack. Was in the 60's too. Freaked me out, but I have noticed a few times it's happened. It's also usually the times when I've called an ambulance because those panic attacks (if they are panic attacks) are scary.

Resting heartrate of 60 in bed is normal. If you're cutting down on smoking you'll notice some big drops in HR. When I smoke it's in the 80's. When I stop it's in the 60's. I'm quitting now. Wearing a patch and smoked 2 today. My heartrate always drops drastically the first few weeks. I think it's quite normal for this to happen with your HR and quitting smoking if I recall.

On the topic of quitting so many people suggest a vape. Fk that. If I'm quitting I'd rather not put anything into my lungs.
    Thank you wired I went to sleep I kept having adrenaline surges my heart rate just kept hitting about 70 I can’t believe it with low HR freaked me out. However I slept well and I’m here to tell the tale!!
    Well done each time I quit before I didn’t vape to substitute it. I have tried vaping in the past and I coughed up blood in mucus never again for me xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60 isn't low. That's all there is to it.

60 to 80 is normal. Why are you self checking?

Hi everyone thanks for your replies, i was feeling spaced out and that was why i started to self check. It was an old coping strategy i have from when i first began to experience panic and anxiety symptoms last September. I have been away from self checking for sometime to see the shift in my 'normal' resting heart rate was a stark worry for me however i now understand this is no need for concern and also shows that my weightloss has actually been beneficial and not detrimental. thank you for your responses and support for me.

Thread Information