Thread: UTI or Something Else!

UTI or Something Else!

Hi, this is not about me but my boyfriend. He had a urine infection a few months ago and got antibiotics form the doctor which cleared it up. The doctor said if it came back he was to go back to him and they would look into things as it was not common for a male to get them. Now my boyfriend is saying his lower back is sore and hit pee is quite cloudy but no burning or anything. Has anyone had experience with this, he’s refusing to go to the doctors but is scared it’s some type of cancer.

Re: UTI or Something Else!

I'm SURE it isn't cancer.

It does sound like a UTI or similar, and makes sense since he has a history of them. They don't always burn.

I do think it's important he sees the doctor, because if it spreads to his kidneys that can be quite nasty. I've had two kidney infections with no burning - just back pain and general malaise. Antibiotics will sort it out.

Re: UTI or Something Else!

Thanks for replying, I’m just worried about him as I read it’s not common for men to even get one UTI never mind two in a short period of time. He’s not worried and refuses to go to the doctor. He said he’s always had problems with urinating since he was a child, like he feels a pulling sensation. Not sure if it’s all connected.

Thread Information