Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temp during period

Temp during period

Hello everyone hope u are all ok I have a question to sort of reduce some of my fears. I have had an elevated temp for about two weeks. Not sure how elevated u till recently because turns out old themometer was broken. But now new one is saying up to 37.8- 38 its showing yellow on my in ear themometer. Now I am on my period and I know this can effect temps etc. I do have headaches again I know this can happen. And I am stressed so again a lot could be causing it but I was wondering how high does everyone else temp.flucuate does this seem normal. I do feel hot and flushed. Xx

Re: Temp during period

Someone else made a very similar post which you'll see just a little lower down in the forum. They were fine 🙂

It does sound like you have a mild temperature. Even if it is not caused by your period, it is unlikely to be anything sinister. Slight temperatures are very common - you may have mild flu or some other bug.

It'll probably resolve completely on its own in a week or so. If it sticks around any longer or you start to feel worse, maybe call your doctor.

It’s common to get a slight raised temperature around ovulation and before your period.

I think that unless you actually feel hot - not just forehead that you should stop checking your temperature. You don’t have any other symptoms to cause concern or that can’t be explained away by allergies/anxiety.

Do you feel feverish? Or is the thermometer just showing a temp? Sometimes during the day If you are very active or dressed too warmly the thermometer can show a temp. I believe hormones have a lot to do with it too

Temp still fluctuating

My temp literally spikes when I'm doing even slight exercise or activity, when I'm in a bath well after I've got out of it, if I work myself up I'm getting quite concerned now this has been going on for over 3 weeks. At first I thought it was my period, then anxiety, called drs three weeks ago because of a few symptoms I was having said I shud isolate. Well I have for 20 days no other symptoms developed and now temp fluctuates slightly sometimes up to 37.9 or after a bath 38 I have my baths hot. Neway does this sound like a fever or how it would behave? The temp is literally there for no more than minutes then gone x

Re: Temp still fluctuating

Everyone’s temperature fluctuates. Especially after a bath or activity or eating.
    Anxiety can bring on a raised temperature- especially if it’s what you’re anxious about.

Try and trust the rules of going by how you feel not what your temperature is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you still taking your temperature so obsessively though? I thought you were going to be working to keep your anxiety under control? Monitoring your temperature is pointless unless you are really ill.

Why not put the thermometer away? Has any GP actually told you that you need to record your temperature for 20 days?

Thanks scass how are u? Trouble is I feel.awful brain fog, hot and cold, weakness scratchy throat off and on pressure in ears off and on burning eyes, palpatations nightmares hollow feeling in chest only to be replaced by pressure or pain. It's been going on for weeks could this really be my anxiety playing hell. I have never felt this bad with it I am convinced it's the dreaded bug doing the rounds and I am so worried about my daughters and husband catching something off me. I isolated for 20 days nothing progressed. Is it truly just anxiety.

Hi pulisa I am working on it truly i am i have bought a cbt book keeping a worry journal and a new wellbeing journal. I think I'm stuck in this cycle because of how high risk my daughter and hubby are I know its obsessive but I cant bear the thought of passing something on to them. I have not experienced anxiety this bad ever and I just struggle to believe it's all anxiety. My dr said 37.7 is still classed as infection fighting it's made me worry even more. I wish I could relax I'm really trying truly.

Have you checked the rest of your family's temp? It could be the thermometer. I hope you feel better soon. I can totally empathise. I have chest and back pain today and have the same thought process. I drank too much yesterday to alleviate anxiety symptoms (big no no as its exacerbated it today) and I was sick plus I fell asleep in bra so I'm trying to be rational and think I strained myself being ill but it's hard when there's a little voice telling me it's covid. I've just managed a 3 and a half mile walk so I'm probably OK. I hope you feel better soon. It's all so consuming x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information