Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pvd

Re: Pvd

Hey there.

Not exactly the same thing but a few months ago I was diagnosed with lattice degeneration in my left eye and had a tear in my retina. I experienced floaters and flashing lights in my peripheral vision. Because a retina tear can lead to retinal detachment, I underwent a minimally invasive laser procedure that literally took 15 minutes.

I was terrified, but the procedure was super easy and really only uncomfortable.

I know these aren’t the same thing, but it seems to me that you’re ultimately worried about your retina detaching. While that’s extremely unlikely to happen, it’s very treatable even if it did happen.

Hope this helps!!

Re: Pvd

Quote Originally Posted by willll View Post
    Hey there.

Not exactly the same thing but a few months ago I was diagnosed with lattice degeneration in my left eye and had a tear in my retina. I experienced floaters and flashing lights in my peripheral vision. Because a retina tear can lead to retinal detachment, I underwent a minimally invasive laser procedure that literally took 15 minutes.

I was terrified, but the procedure was super easy and really only uncomfortable.

I know these aren’t the same thing, but it seems to me that you’re ultimately worried about your retina detaching. While that’s extremely unlikely to happen, it’s very treatable even if it did happen.

Hope this helps!!
    Hey, may I ask how old you are? Are you myopic? Did you experience flashes in both eyes or just one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information