Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brown discharge between periods - not really coping

Brown discharge between periods - not really coping

So I’ve been having niggling pelvic pain and some urgency for a week. Dr gave me antibiotics In case it was a UTI but they haven’t helped. Now today, three days after the end of my period, I have tiny brown flecks of blood in my discharge. Freaked out and called the doctor, who has given me more antibiotics in case it’s a tricky UTI (I don’t think it is) and I have to drop off a urine sample tomorrow.

Over the past few weeks I’ve had anxiety about tongue cancer, diabetes and now this so I know my anxiety is ramping up; I even can accept that my anxiety would cause urinary symptoms and pelvic pain as it has in the past, but I know it can’t cause abnormal discharge. I’m so worried that this is cancer. I had a normal smear around 18 months ago but I know that’s a while back now and I had a cervical erosion so I’m thinking what if they missed something, or what if it’s uterine cancer? Of course I’m also even more worried about potentially having cancer and then getting covid. I have to go back to work in two weeks. I’m not even coping and I have a job interview tomorrow which I’m worried I am going to mess up as I’m so stressed.

Re: Brown discharge between periods - not really coping

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I quite often get discharge like that at the end of my period for a few days.

I often get brown discharge in the days following my period. It’s perfectly normal as far as I know.

Thanks ladies, is it normal even three or four days after your periods have stopped?

So the oral/tongue cancer turned out to be...? I know you made a GP appointment but I don't think you told us what was the result?

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    Thanks ladies, is it normal even three or four days after your periods have stopped?
    I once had brown discharge (quite a lot) that lasted for almost a month. Got checked out by the doctor. Everything was fine and it was just put down as ‘one of those things’ as it didn’t happen again.

A little amount of brown discharge 3/4 days after your period seems normal to me and wouldn’t cause me any concern. It’s just your body cleaning itself out.

I think this is normal? I certainly get it too...

Thanks ladies, I feel a bit better reading that other people have had the same.
    pulisa I had a video consultation about my tongue, he told me that I had zero risk factors for tongue cancer but to keep an eye on it and if it hadn’t gone in two weeks to come back. Well guess what? It still looks the same but because I’m so fixated on my pelvic issues I am not even worrying about it any more. I know how it is when my anxiety moves around like this but I can never dismiss whatever my current worry is as they have such a hold over me and every time I go through the same thought process that this time it’s really cancer or whatever the illness is that I’m afraid of.

I totally get what you're saying about the anxiety - the way it can move from one thing straight onto another, and each time you really feel that this could really be it. I wish I could give you some advice on it but I'm going through a similar phase at the moment myself. It's awful the way our minds can work like this :(

But I really don't think you've anything to worry about with the brown discharge. It's happened to me a good few times. A couple of days after my period stops I'll have brown or even pink discharge. And it's scared the life out of me too. But I've had tests and scans done and got the all clear. Our monthly cycles are not going to work like a textbook script every single month. Every woman will have some blips along the way. Brown discharge is generally nothing to worry about at all!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information