Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brown discharge between periods - not really coping

Re: Brown discharge between periods - not really coping

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    Thanks ladies, I feel a bit better reading that other people have had the same.
    pulisa I had a video consultation about my tongue, he told me that I had zero risk factors for tongue cancer but to keep an eye on it and if it hadn’t gone in two weeks to come back. Well guess what? It still looks the same but because I’m so fixated on my pelvic issues I am not even worrying about it any more. I know how it is when my anxiety moves around like this but I can never dismiss whatever my current worry is as they have such a hold over me and every time I go through the same thought process that this time it’s really cancer or whatever the illness is that I’m afraid of.
    You have great insight, Cattia but I know that that's a fat lot of good when HA is rampant. Remember that these are "thought processes" not fact though? See what the urine analysis reveals? Would you have noticed these tiny flecks if you weren't on HA alert?

Thanks Pulisa, I haven’t had any more of the flecks since I last posted but I still am having bladder symptoms. I don’t in all honesty think I would have noticed them if I hadn’t been checking the toilet paper.
    The Dr said she would call me if the results of my urine analysis needed following up and I have not had a call so I’m trying not to ring them. When I went through this before, months of anxiety were triggered by microscopic blood in my urine and if that’s there again I know it will send me further into a spiral. I’m trying to trust that they would call me if they needed to but then a part of me wonders if this is a form of avoidance and I should just call up and see what the results say. I just also am aware how easily I am triggered by test results when I am in an anxious state. One time my Dr tried to reassure me about some bloods by showing me each of the results from a CBC on the screen and talking me through them, as they were all normal. However all that happened was that I focused on the ones at the top or bottom of the normal range and obsessed over them, so the poor guy couldn’t really win.

This sounds normal to me. I get it as well. I also have a short cycle and ovulate pretty soon after the end of my period, which means I end up with blood tinged discharge for like a full week after my period ends since I also spot with ovulation. The joys of womanhood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information