Thread: What would your reaction be?

What would your reaction be?

Hi everyone

I'm just looking for opinions really, had two telephone appts with the doctor today. One was a routine appointment about my ongoing breast lump worries. The other was a more urgent one after noticing that one of my tonsils was bigger than the other and the Idiot that I am, I googled and obviously panicked alot. I also had the feeling of something stuck in the back of my throat so thought either tonsil cancer or lymphoma.. anyway the Dr this morning asked for some pictures to have a look at the tonsil area and agreed that one side was a little larger but not suspicious or concerning (she actually said more tonsil tissue). She suggested if it was still that way in a week I could have a blood test to be doubly sure but she wasn't concerned. She also mentioned that lymphoma would be more like what they would be concerned about rather than tonsil cancer (I think due to it being rare and my age). Just to mention I have had blood tests a couple of months ago which were fine.

Second call - spoke to a lovely Dr who said I could come to the surgery and she would check my breasts for me. Went there, she checked them and said they were absolutely fine. Whilst I was there I asked if she could check my lymph nodes (I explained the situation about the tonsil worry) she said my tonsils could always have been like that and checked my nodes, which were slightly raised unilaterally, but nothing worrying and explained that usually with lymphoma the nodes are large and continue to grow so we can just check them again in a week. She said if she was concerned in anyway she would refer me to the hospital straight away.

I just wonder how you would feel about all this, reassured? More worried?

Thank you for reading, I guess I find it helps to put things down too.

PS: The Dr also gave me a website to look at called moodgym for practical help for my HA.

Re: What would your reaction be?

That's a totally clean bill of health! Congratulations!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

If one of my tonsils was bigger, I wouldn't think it was any kind of cancer for one moment. I'd think it was a cold or some other mild infection.

Like anyone I'd be worried if I found breast lumps, but now your doctor's checked them and said it's fine. So you're all good 🙂

Nothing to worry about.

One of my tonsils is always larger than the other. Has been for years, other than that you’ve been given an all clear! I would be happy!

Positive vibes

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thread Information