Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid Antibody Testing

Covid Antibody Testing

So I just found out today that my county is now offering the covid antibody testing. Our county mayor had himself tested along with his wife and son. He was sick in January but didn't know what it was. His test came back positive for antibodies as did his sons. His wife's test came back positive and possibly active so they swabbed her and sent her to isolate.

They said a few small drops of blood and results in 10 minutes. Insurance here will pay for the test and if u don't have insurance it will be anywhere from $40-60 out of pocket.

I am assuming it's one of the government approved tests since they are performing it at the hospital. I wish we knew if antibodies meant less risk.

I'm thinking about possibly having one tomor.

What is everyone's take on the antibody test and it's significance at this point ?

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Tapatalk

Re: Covid Antibody Testing

Well, here's one person's take on the matter but ultimately only you can decide.

Well if they offer me a test l definitely will take it this is surely a positive thing, they said yesterday they will be rolling this out to all frontline workers and care homes l'm in that category bring it on that's what l say

best wishes

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Well, here's one person's take on the matter but ultimately only you can decide.

Wow this was very interesting. I have never watched this gentleman before but I will be following more of him.

It makes sense that the reoccurring positive swabs could be overly sensitive tests (which is a great thing) causing false positives. That they are simply picking up the dead RNA and that they are unlikely to have been reinfected.

I think I will have a test soon. I wanted to go today but may have to put it off slightly longer. I am interested to know if I have been exposed and hope that it would mean atleast a slight immunity. Of course, I still think we should remain vigilant in protecting ourselves even if we do have antibodies just bc it's a new virus and we are still learning. This explanation in his video has really made the think and thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    Well if they offer me a test l definitely will take it this is surely a positive thing, they said yesterday they will be rolling this out to all frontline workers and care homes l'm in that category bring it on that's what l say

best wishes
    Oh I agree. My post wasn't really about me being undecided on whether I would have it done but more about how confident should I feel to move about more freely if it comes back positive for antibodies. I may have worded it differently.

You for sure need to have it done being on the front line. I hope they are available to you soon. We have to have our front line workers! I was one but then the hospital I worked for closed down due to lack of funding. During a global pandemic can u believe this?? Thankfully, so far, the area is so rural that there has only been single digits cases there. Praying it stays that way.

If you get to have it soon let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    Wow this was very interesting. I have never watched this gentleman before but I will be following more of him.

It makes sense that the reoccurring positive swabs could be overly sensitive tests (which is a great thing) causing false positives. That they are simply picking up the dead RNA and that they are unlikely to have been reinfected.

I think I will have a test soon. I wanted to go today but may have to put it off slightly longer. I am interested to know if I have been exposed and hope that it would mean atleast a slight immunity. Of course, I still think we should remain vigilant in protecting ourselves even if we do have antibodies just bc it's a new virus and we are still learning. This explanation in his video has really made the think and thank you for sharing!

We are definitely still learning but at least the situation is already much better defined now than say, this time two months ago, on the eve of the UK lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    We are definitely still learning but at least the situation is already much better defined now than say, this time two months ago, on the eve of the UK lockdown.
    You're are right Lencoboy. We have come a long way since the beginning. Praying we continue to make progress at the same rate.

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    Oh I agree. My post wasn't really about me being undecided on whether I would have it done but more about how confident should I feel to move about more freely if it comes back positive for antibodies. I may have worded it differently.

You for sure need to have it done being on the front line. I hope they are available to you soon. We have to have our front line workers! I was one but then the hospital I worked for closed down due to lack of funding. During a global pandemic can u believe this?? Thankfully, so far, the area is so rural that there has only been single digits cases there. Praying it stays that way.

If you get to have it soon let us know how it goes.

Thank you l will definitely let you know if it happens but l wont hold my breath the government say one thing and do something completely different xx

best wishes

I just saw about the antibody testing. I'm having surgery in July so I'll need to get a bunch of blood work and plan to ask my doctor if they can add this. My whole family was also sick the first week of January. I distinctly remember saying to my mom that this was the weirdest virus because It started immediately with a cough that lasted for weeks but I never had a runny nose/congestion. The cough was really rough. This was also right after we'd been in the hospital with my kindergarten for a major infection in her lymph node. I had assumed that had occurred because of how frequently she'd been sick all school year. I am wondering if it was an overactive immune response to Covid. The cough lasted so long that I had actually made an appointment with a pulmonologist to test for asthma, but then the pandemic started and I cancelled the appointment. Eventually I got better and haven't had any problems since then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information