Thread: Headaches and migraines.

Headaches and migraines.

Hi all.wondering if anybody who has headaches or migraines would be able to help me. I am finding it hard to determine what is going on.

I do have Blepharitis and dry eyes.

Just 2 weeks ago I had a dilated eye examination due to having flashes in my vision from my left eye. Also what I believed to have more floaters. I was told me retinas where fine nothing obvious going on. Told the red flag symptoms to watch for and go straight to my nearest eye hospital. They did say they think the vitreous is detaching.

For the past 2 months I seem to be getting some form of head pain. For example, yesterday I started with pain at the back of my head that by evening it felt like it was all on my left side. My scalp felt bruised and tender at the back.

I do think I am light sensitive as I am sure this is what bring on the pain. During these head pains I do see lots of lights and after images flashing at me. I still feel drained this morning. Upon waking when I slight move my head it feels like slight pain is still there.

I am so worried about my eyes at the moment despite being reassured from optician. I find my self googling a lot about macular degeneration and glaucoma well everything really!!

I am under huge stress at the moment. Just moving home 2 months ago and everything being upside down. My middle daughter who has a severe learning disability amongst other health conditions is having a tough time at the moment with not being able to do the normal things she would do. She has very challenging behaviour.

Just wondering if anybody else in here suffers with migraines and headaches and how they affect you?

8 years ago a went thought a phase with my eyes, symptoms very similar, I had lots of trips to the eye hospital having my eyes dilated. Was td back then I was too young to have vitreous detachment (I am 27 almost) they thought I was suffering migraines l, although I was in any pain.

I am getting to the point now where I can't seem to put my phone down as I'm constantly reading up on something with the eyes, headaches and migraines. It's taking over my life. I just want 5i feel happy again with my children.

Hope to speak soon xx

Re: Headaches and migraines.

I used to get occular migraines (I think that’s what they’re called) which didn’t really give me a terrible headache, but I had flashing/kaleidoscope effect in one or both eyes for about 20 minutes, then I’d feel wiped out.

It was usually related to glare/bright light. If I didn’t rest after the first one for a while, then it would come back in both eyes and then I’d feel really rubbish for the rest of the day.

They are quite common with members of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I used to get occular migraines (I think that’s what they’re called) which didn’t really give me a terrible headache, but I had flashing/kaleidoscope effect in one or both eyes for about 20 minutes, then I’d feel wiped out.

It was usually related to glare/bright light. If I didn’t rest after the first one for a while, then it would come back in both eyes and then I’d feel really rubbish for the rest of the day.

They are quite common with members of this forum.
    Yeah that's how I will feel absolutely wiped out. I wouldn't say the head pain is unbearable and stops me from doing things. Well I have no choice to stop doing things with the children about.

Thank you for replying to me x

So I am now even dreaming of these black spots in my vision. Woken up in a little panic, however trying to keep as calm as I can.

Thread Information