Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gastritis? Or worse?

Re: Gastritis? Or worse?

Hi Charlie, seriously seeing my cardio man late in the evening was a sign to me that someone was looking out for me. He said that they have been working on Covid wards and they just finished that night as a lot are shutting down in London now. Lucky as well as the sister I know was working and in charge of A&E that night. Is the book your reading good? I’ve just looked it up on the internet. Just to say, the charcoal is really working. My tummy is the flatness it’s been for months, though I have gone off my food and not eating loads. Maybe that’s what it needs too! I’m also drinking mint tea and carrot juice for fibre. Hopefully things will really start to work. I think the numerous courses of antibiotics really screwed my gut up. Quick question. Do you find drinking lots of caffeine heightens your anxiety? I’ve been regularly having a few double shot flat whites locally and finding that I am getting every so jittery. I usually drink decaf tea. My missus says caffeine really Can cause anxiety or heighten it. I have not suffered with it for 10 years. All this recent illness I’ve had had really started me off. I’ve worried I’ve had Covid and that’s caused kidney issues. Then I think maybe the E. coli went to my kidneys and buffered them. My missus is at her wits end with it all. Anyway, well done with the walking and try and keep it up.

My partner has crohns and when he was first diagnosed he had awful problems and they did a temporary stoma. Within weeks he was in agony with it and at a &e in the middle of the night and an old rugby team mate happened to be there and he is the Head of IBD in our area and hadn't seen my partner since he'd fallen ill. That night he completely changed the course of my partners treatment, insisted he was admitted (they were going to discharge with pain killers) and had the stoma reversed within days as he didn't deem it necessary (was supposed to have it for 6 months). We looked upon that night as some kind of divine intervention!
    I don't find caffeine too bad but I drank yesterday to alleviate the anxiety and it was horrendous this morning so I won't be doing that in a hurry again. The book is very good but I'm struggling still with the acceptance of it being anxiety which is the core principle of it. I was on 2 different types of antibiotics on 2 separate occasions before all this, plus I had a third antibiotic injected. So it's likely that it started of the chain of events. I've got a probiotic but it makes me feel nauseous which adds to the anxiety. I'm glad your bloating has subsided. Sounds like it's going the right way for you.

Crohns is nasty. I’m glad he got sorted. It’s strange that at times certain things are meant to happen. I was taking a strong probiotic which didn’t seem to work. I was told to start taking it in the evening before bed as opposed to first thing in the morning. It seems to be working better. Just need to get this kidney issue sorted now! Take care

I had some toast this morning and was OK and just had my evening meal and straight away the choking feeling is back. I've had to take half a valium. I'm so worried as to what this could be

It maybe some stomach acid. I always assumed acid causes burning in the chest and throat, but since I managed to get my issues under some control, since taking charcoal and peppermint oil, i am nor experiencing the throat, breathing or coughing issues.

I paid for an abdominal Ultrasound today which was negative. So the issue I’ve got would appear not to be anything to do with blockages etc. I also done the Candida spit test yesterday morning and I have an overload of it, caused probably by the antibiotics.

Despite getting my tummy issues under control I am now starting to feel really rough with fluid retention - which everyone says is not really visible, but it’s so uncomfortable. I’m also getting kidney pain, muscle aches and cramps too which I think is all kidney related. I said to my missus that I don’t think I’ll make Friday, how I’m feeling. She knows a lot about kidney and liver issues as her previous husband had major issues with both and was on dialysis. She said believe me, you may feel uncomfortable but you are not in failure. She also experienced heart failure when her thyroid failure was not diagnosed. She said that she could not see out of her eyes the swelling was so bad. She seems to think that the original UTi that I had had come back and maybe spread to my kidneys. Apparently you can get blood and protein in urine and it can show you do not have an infection. I keep getting a burning after peeing, not straight after though, and keep urgently need to go. As I type this I feel as though I’ve got gout in my right hand. It’s so so painful. Not sure what options I have. Phone GP again, but will just say wait until your appointment on Friday. Phone hospital to see if there’s any way I can get in before Friday or attend A&E again - but I don’t want to be seen as a Menace that keeps turning up there. All the tests that have been done so far have been negative apart from urine. Right, I’m going to try and get some sleep. All the best

I'm so sorry you're feeling so terrible. And if it is an infection, I bet antibiotics will be the last thing you'll want. If you're feeling this bad though, can't you get an emergency appointment with someone today. I know how hard it is to resist a&e when you have such uncomfortable symptoms. I hope you get to the bottom of it soon and come back and update us. I've got some peppermint capsules here. I'll take one this morning x

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information