Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gastritis? Or worse?

Re: Gastritis? Or worse?

Hi Charlie, I’ve just come on here to post a thread very similar to yours. My stomach has been bloated for 12 weeks and is rock solid. I have had, in total, 4 weeks of antibiotics since Feb. I am aware and kindly had someone confirm my thoughts in a previous post, that antibiotics can destroy the gut flora. I have been taking a probiotic which I felt was exacerbating my symptoms so stopped. Also read that they can actually feed some of the bad flora. Try drinking Kaffir and ginger or peppermint tea. Colostrum is also very beneficial. Look up SIBO and antibiotics - stomach issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie1108 View Post
    I've had a really tough 12 months with family issues and this episode of anxiety has been quite severe so I have been very stressed out. Hopefully things will start to improve.
    I’m sure they will, but you have to help them a bit too.

It's been awful today but no matter how hard I try to distract myself, I wait for it to happen. As a result, its happening more often. Because it reminds me of pregnancy, I'm worried there is a tumour or something pushing my diaphragm.

Thank you. I hope this is the case but this seems higher up than the gut. Its just beneath my ribs?

I have it there and central tummy. In fact my whole right side - so left to anyone else looking at me, feels solid. This morning is the first time I could actually breath in and reduce the size. A cup of tea and bowl of porridge and I have been walking around like I’m 6 months pregnant. I chatted this afternoon with a friend who owns a health store. She told me to take the probiotic in the evening Without any food. Will givebb bc that bc a go for a few weeks. Have you tried peppermint capsules or charcoal?

I've got probiotics but not really taken them properly as I was put on the omeprozole but I have had a probiotic this evening. I've got some peppermint capsules here but I don't want to overload my system. I hate anxiety so much.

I hope you get some relief from your symptoms soon x

Thanks Charlie. Likewise, I do hope that you start getting some relief and start to feel better. I will keep an eye on the thread to see how you get on

Now it feels as though there's something stuck in my throst and also like a pressure on my windpipe making me want to cough. Feel breathless and like my heart is racing. Really worried it's something more. I know I'm down a rabbit hole but I can't control it

Again Charlie, that’s a very common gastric complaint.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information