Thread: Brief tiny visual blindspot?

Brief tiny visual blindspot?

And, I’m back again. This quarantine has made it difficult to work on my emotional issues. I am a fairly recent widow living all alone, and I have never had so much free time to worry and stress.

I am currently down the visual rabbit hole, and today I drove to the park and was Sitting in my car scrolling through Facebook on my cell phone. I was looking at a series of pictures that had comment icons at the bottom. One of those tiny little comment icons had a tiny little piece Of the drawing missing. Instead of calmly blinking my eyes to see if the tiny little piece filled in, I threw my phone to the passenger seat and put my arms on my head. I calmed myself for a moment and then checked my phone again. All the little boxes were filled in, but I have no idea if I was using the same part of my vision.

Opinion One: I’m almost 60 years old. I’ve learned that my body does quirky things from time to time. I’ve experienced something similar to this on occasion. It isn’t something to have a freak out about. I’ll write it down, and, unless It starts happening frequently, I’ll bring it up at my annual eye doctor appointment the first of October.

Opinion Two: Visual blind spots are very bad. I’m going to be in a total panic attack till I go to the ER and have this checked. I probably have a brain tumor and will die alone and unloved. I need reassurance this is not what is happening.

Can anyone help me? Which opinion is best?

Is this ER worthy? In the past I subjected myself to way too many ER visits and tests. I do not want to start that again. I am trying to keep to my regularly scheduled checkups and stuff unless something is serious. I just am a little crazy about health matters and need some help to figure things out.

Re: Brief tiny visual blindspot?

Firstly, I'm sorry for your loss. As you said, that's difficult enough to process and add the current situation to the mix and no wonder you're struggling.

I think you know what the deal is. When the camel is loaded down, sometimes all it takes is a tooth pic to break its back.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you Fishman for your kind response during my meltdown. It helped a great deal!!!

Everyone has a natural blind spot in each eye where the optic nerve connects. Could you have just seen that for a moment? I remember occasionally noticing mine while stargazing when I was a teen and was into amateur astronomy.

My eye doctor would go for Opinion One and a Half - he would say to call him and he'd have you come in for a quick check to make sure you don't have a tiny retinal detachment, which they can easily fix.

Since it's not persistent, my money is on a natural phenomenon, though.

Thread Information