Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name Something Good That Happened to You Today - (Out of Lockdown Edition)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Name Something Good That Happened to You Today - (Out of Lockdown Edition)

Now that some forum members are out of lockdown (and can no longer post on the lockdown edition), here's a place where you might like to share something that you've enjoyed doing (that you haven't been able to do for several months) For some of us, social distancing still applies.

On Friday, I visited my daughter (who's 32 weeks pregnant) and gave her a big hug. She showed me the beginnings of their new nursery and I gave her the baby items I'd knitted during lockdown. We had coffee, took the dog for a walk, collected eggs from the hen house and inspected the bee hive. We had a great time and I came home with some eggs and honey

Re: Name Something Good That Happened to You Today - (Out of Lockdown Edition)

Today I gritted my teeth and went to the supo (first time for 2 months as we've been doing 'click and collect') and then the Chemist Warehouse. Lot's of people still wearing masks and everyone is social distancing 2 m apart. Was quite anxious, holding my breath as people passed by but I got through it.

Well today I found my mojo again.Finally got a trim and when for a walk along the beach and watched some Dolphins at play oh what a joy

Ah your rain must have stopped, we've still got it and more coming from over your way! Shouldn't complain cos we really need it in bucket loads.

Yep the dolphins are great to watch, sometimes we see them near Hobsonville Point. I live in Greenhithe which is close by in the Upper Harbour area.

Yesterday I knitted some baby Ugg boots

Yeah no rain I hope you do get the rain the mozzies were out in force today so I don’t want anymore rain.
    It is whale season here so hoping to spot some tomorrow off Lamberts Beach.
    You May need to knit me some ugg boots mine are getting smelly and old lol.

I bought a push bike off gumtree awhile a couple of months ago for $20 it’s a bloody rippa and can’t wait too go for a ride down to the harbour when I heal

Hey there,
    Can I join in? This is a fantastic idea. I see you all are over in Oz, but here in the UK lockdown is sort of getting close to ending, and we're allowed out to walk in the park at least. A good thing that happened was that I had a lovely chat with my mum who lives 100 miles away and we shared how we were feeling. It hasn't always been the easiest of relationships so it was great to have that mutual support

Quote Originally Posted by beatroon View Post
    Hey there,
    Can I join in? This is a fantastic idea. I see you all are over in Oz, but here in the UK lockdown is sort of getting close to ending, and we're allowed out to walk in the park at least. A good thing that happened was that I had a lovely chat with my mum who lives 100 miles away and we shared how we were feeling. It hasn't always been the easiest of relationships so it was great to have that mutual support
    Sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder... glad you could have a good chin wag with your Mum. I also had a contentious relationship with my mother but my Dad was lovely. Friendly people are welcome to post in this thread We've got a couple of Aussies and a Kiwi (from NZ) so far.

A lovely sunny day after the big rain so hopping on my bike for 10 kms, then off to meet my daughter at the mall for a chai latte
    She's picking up her preggie pants (jeans) as the baby bump is now showing (32 weeks). A pair of knitted Ugg boots for her and the babe (plus 1 other pair of booties). Ended up with lots of excess yarn after the big knits during lockdown (wool not kutus)
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 28-05-20 at 04:46.

Thanks folks - glad to be here. And yes, it has been very healing to talk to Mum properly about how I've been feeling. Really glad you're all coping OK and sorry, I misread the flag as Oz but meant to say NZ!

Quote Originally Posted by beatroon View Post
    Thanks folks - glad to be here. And yes, it has been very healing to talk to Mum properly about how I've been feeling. Really glad you're all coping OK and sorry, I misread the flag as Oz but meant to say NZ!
    No worries, the flags are quite similar except for the number of stars and colour of them (the stars that is), we don't get tetchy about things like that

Yep, we're coping well but the economy has taken a hiding, so trying to get the tourism up and running again. As it's Queens Birthday weekend, lots of people have traveled to the South Island to do some skiing, jet boating and general sight seeing. Apparently accommodation is full so it's great that Kiwis are having a holiday in their own back yard. Some of the Aussie states are doing well and opening up their domestic borders, will be traveling around as well.

Take care x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information