Thread: Pinkish lump on scalp

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pinkish lump on scalp

Hey guys,

Well... I’m not exactly new here but it’s (thankfully) been a few months since my last breakdown.

Anyway, today I’ve been running my fingers through my hair and I felt this weird lump. Cancer of any kind is, obviously, a big fear of mine so I immediately grabbed my phone and ran to a mirror to check. I found this VERY suspicious looking yellow/skin colored/pink lump. I thought, “maybe it’s just a wart” but I took a picture of it and it has hair growing out of it (i don’t think warts have hair growing out of them) and it also doesn’t look dry. On the picture it looks almost shiny but it could just be so because of the flash. Fast forward a few minutes and I just couldn’t resist googling and now I’ve been freaking over and crying and planning my funeral, basically.
    I’m convinced it’s some type of skin cancer like basal cell carcinoma or even melanoma and I just can’t handle myself right now. The worst part is that I remember a few months back maybe even a year i’m not sure but definitely a long while back, I’ve scratched this exact spot and a flaky skin thing came of and it even bled a little and I just shrugged it off as a pimple or something. Now looking back, why wasn’t I more careful? I should have gotten it checked out right away. It doesn’t itch or bleed or feel flaky right now but maybe it’s just really progressed? Most pictures of skin cancer I’ve looked up look similar to what I carry around on my head right now and it’s gotten me crazy worried.

Here’s the link of the picture of my lump, https://i.imgur.com/hVUuT6l.jpg

I know no one here can diagnose me but I guess I’m just looking for reassurance, someone who is dealing or has dealt with the same thing and it turned out to be nothing sinister. I’m just scared, guys.
    Last edited by itsmaliasheart; 24-05-20 at 16:32.

Thread Information