Thread: Me again, sorry.

Me again, sorry.

Struggling alot atm, although i hate posting the same stuff i just need some reassurance. My chest feels heavy but almost like im tensing up so bad but i cant let it go, feels like im breathless.. but im not im talking fine not out of breath at all, i just feel like im forcing myself to breath again i cant shift it :( i honestly am struggling i really hate how i feel atm.. since this pandemic ive been worsr and i try and shift my mind to change it but cant help but think my breathlessness ot heavy chest is to do with covid, ive been trying to say to myself if it was that id have high temp cough the usual symptom which i dont have i just physically dont want to die.. or feel like this anymore :( sorry again for posting!

Re: Me again, sorry.

I've been having this exact thing on and off for weeks and to be honest, it's probably just anxiety and allergies.

Two nights ago I had this again during the night and it was freaking me out big time. I did an anxiety exercise and by the time I had finished I ended up falling asleep. Best to do it in bed.

Get comfortable and close your eyes. Take in a breath to the count of four and exhale to the count of five. Do this a few times.

Start with your feet. It's a really simple exercise, you're going to visit each limb from your feet all the way up to your head. In your mind you're simply going to tell yourself "My <limb> is warm, comfortable and still" and you're going to do that twice for each part of your body. It takes a bit of time, but that's the point. You gotta do it slowly with calm intent. So for example you would start at your left foot "My left foot is warm, comfortable and still", do it twice and then move onto your leg. Then do your other foot and leg. Do that for your whole body. Typing this I'm realising it sounds crazy but it's a real method and it can work great.

If you get worried about your breathing just try to do the in for four and out for five thing I mentioned and keep on with the exercise. I know this is hard I have been struggling so badly with this and have had exactly what you're talking about - but doing this the other night proved to me it's all just anxiety. After I had finished the exercise I was breathing fine and fell asleep! Give it a try.

Thank you for the reply.

Im actually going to do this as i cant sleep.

I do feel like its anxiety because when i try and un tense myself i dont feel so heavy chested/tight etc.

Such a horrible thing to feel and go through in the best of times let alone with all this stuff going on in the world.

I swear i must of thought ive had covid about 10 times so far!

How are you feeling now?

Quote Originally Posted by xleax View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

Im actually going to do this as i cant sleep.

I do feel like its anxiety because when i try and un tense myself i dont feel so heavy chested/tight etc.

Such a horrible thing to feel and go through in the best of times let alone with all this stuff going on in the world.

I swear i must of thought ive had covid about 10 times so far!

How are you feeling now?
    Not too bad thanks

Let me know how you get on.

Thread Information