Thread: Bloody diarrhea..

Bloody diarrhea..

Hello...so I am freaking out because I had some bleeding after a bout of diarrhea. Sometimes I will get diarrhea if I eat the wrong things and that happened last Thursday morning. Went to the bathroom 4 or 5 times seemed better so I went to bed with the heating pad on my stomach because I had some cramps. Woke up in the morning and went to the bathroom again and it looked like straight blood no diarrhea. I freaked out!!! Went to the emergency room did blood tests (all came out fine) also a fecal occult, which was also fine. I made an appt with a gastroenterologist for this Tuesday. I had a clean colonoscopy 4 years ago , and emergency room dr. felt no hemroids with his finger. I have eaten very little since this all happened because I am afraid of going to the bathroom and possibly seeing blood again. I have extreme health anxiety and this is ruining my life. Of course I have diagnosed myself with stage 4 cancer already and imagining my impending death!!! And that is not a joke😭

Re: Bloody diarrhea..

I've gotten blood after having bad diarrhea, from the irritation. The fact your fecal occult test was fine is a good sign. Also, hemorrhoids can't always be felt - mine can't, but they can be seen on colonoscopy.

Yes, I used to get this with bad bouts of IBS (before I knew I had IBS). The walls of my bowel were contacting so fast, they were pulling mucus and blood through the bowel lining (which is actually quite thin). I ended up having a couple of colonoscopies and all they found were some areas of benign inflammation.

Inflammatory bowel disorders can also cause this kind of pain and bleeding.

If you had a clean colonoscopy 4 years ago then you will be fine. BC takes much longer than this for a polyp to grow and become cancerous. It's good to see the gastro though to get it checked out.

Your bloods would have shown anything sinister. Of you had 4 to 5 bouts in one day you most likely torn something.

Thread Information