Thread: Kidney, Liver Failure

Kidney, Liver Failure

If someone had kidney or liver failure, would they have a normal liver and kidney function blood test? My stomach is bloated badly, I’m getting stomach cramps and some breathlessness, which I know can be caused by pressure on the diaphragm. I’ve had 4 lots of antibiotics in 2 months, a bladder infection in Feb, which has now gone and a clear x Ray. I had a troponin test in March which was clear - as had a massive heart attack three years ago. My legs, though not swollen, feel some discomfort and there is loose Puffy skin at the top of my feet which I think looks like mild Edema. My partner disagrees and is at her wits end as I have been feeling rough now for 12 weeks. I have had two negative Covid tests but my GP said the tests need to be within a short window of symptoms starting, so she would expect them to be negative and that there are a lot of false negatives. My other concern is heart failure. I had a massive heart attack three years ago and done really well and recovered fantastically. I am walking 3-5 mikes a day in total so would think this would not be possible if it was the heart causing problems.

Re: Kidney, Liver Failure

Walking is good for general well being, fast walking is even better. If you had liver or kidney issues they would show up in tests. In saying this there are a number of things that can elevate liver enzymes eg. alcohol, some anti-inflammatories and antibiotics. A bladder infection may produce a slightly raised kidney function, but antibiotics should clear that.

I take a high dose milk thistle tablet daily for my liver and it's good for digestion too, worth a try.

Re: Kidney, Liver Failure

Thanks wise. I take colostrum and been drinking Kafir. Milk thistle is very good for the liver. I can’t take it now as I have high bilirubin which the drs day is Gilbert’s disease. Many years ago I had a very coarse fatty liver which had return to perfect, so I was told in Feb. I very rarely drink these days. The kidney was slightly knocked out after the heart attack, I believe it was a led that bc they put me on too quickly as I felt awful after then until stopping it. I have slightly raised protein in my urine but apart from that the kidney function tests are fine. Take care.

Thread Information