Thread: Lump in armpit

Lump in armpit

Just over a week ago I noticed a small round ball shaped lump in the centre of my right armpit. It’s heading more towards the outer side of the armpit than the inner towards my breast, it’s almost central in the armpit though. It’s round and it feels like one of those small silver balls you’d decorate cakes with as a kid lol. It’s firm but wiggles everywhere between my 2 fingers when I get hold of it. When I raise my arm I can feel it in the armpit when I run my finger over the area. It’s not deep in the armpit it’s just below the surface. It’s painless, until I prod it then all my armpit hurts.

When I play with it wiggling it between my thumb and finger it wiggles left and right. I videoed it to see if it looks small between my fingers and you can see it wiggle under the skin left and right, it’s like a white colour under the skin. It’s weird you can see it move between my fingers and it appears to be a white small ball.

It’s not grown since I found it. My breast is fine. No lumps. I’m hoping that’s reassuring.

I’m worried sick and stupidly Googled. I’m going to give it another week then call my GP. I just wondered if anyone can reassure me? I suffer from agoraphobia and social anxiety so this is terrifying for more reasons than one. I’m only 40, worried sick.

Re: Lump in armpit

I’m pretty sure I’ve got something very similar and have for about 2 years. My GP was unconcerned by it.
    I think I remember googling it at the time and found something related to “pearls”, but I can’t remember what it was now.

I think it’s tissue from years of my daughter fiddling with my armpits from when she was a baby.

Re: Lump in armpit

Thank you.

Yes, it feels like a small round ball, like a pearl but a little smaller. My lump is maybe 0.5cm in diameter. A smooth round firm ball I can wriggle between my fingers.

Thread Information