Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummings and Goings...

Re: Cummings and Goings...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    What Dominic Cummings did is farcical, but the column inches dedicated to it are really starting to get on my nerves.

Had a look at a very prominent red tops article online yesterday and it was a massive report on this incident. Then, almost as a footnote, it said “oh, and a further 77 people died after being diagnosed with coronavirus.”

I know which one I’m more concerned with.
    Maybe it's just some diversion from all the Covid-saturated press? I know that those who have been bereaved by Covid couldn't give a toss about DC though and rightly so.

I think the DC is a good target for people to vent their anger. You can't be angry at a virus; it's a part of nature. But it's much easier to be angry at a scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I think the DC is a good target for people to vent their anger. You can't be angry at a virus; it's a part of nature. But it's much easier to be angry at a scumbag.
    He already had a target on his back so it's to be expected. Since he's seen as the man behind the Tories who is coordinating not only normal business but Brexit too. We still have many angry people complaining about Brexit. He is despised by many on the left and nuttier ends of each side of the spectrum can be pretty hate filled.

It wouldn't surprise me if we start hearing about online and real life threats. It happened to Boris.

Plus the 'opposition' media will flog it for all it's worth.

In real life? More energy goes into taking the bins out and it's soon forgotten.

I wonder what Boris makes of his raging plummeting? For emotional support he should lean on Corbyn and Starmer who are more used to it

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Cummings Dominicus

Dangerous to man.

A voracious and highly manipulative reptile species that emerges from rock crevices to feed on soundbites and spin.

Known to also bite the hand that feeds it...

Never Surrender, Comrade

Also known to spread the deadly Epistulae Mixta spores.

It is believed that only New Zealand has an antidote to these toxic emissions.

The sonofabitch has sold out our future! Thanks to him, we'll be out of lockdown FAR later than everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Also known to spread the deadly Epistulae Mixta spores.

It is believed that only New Zealand has an antidote to these toxic emissions.
    Hmm...Ms pu "That's nice!" but totally as you have way more than we do, we're virtually free of 'em and enjoying ourselves
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 28-05-20 at 04:43.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Hmm...Ms pu "That's nice!" but totally as you have way more than we do, we're virtually free of 'em and enjoying ourselves
    Again...This is not a competition.

WM, you are very lucky to live in NZ. We all have been aware of this. Enjoy your freedom.
    Last edited by pulisa; 28-05-20 at 08:41.

WM, you are very lucky to live in NZ. We all have been aware of this. Enjoy your freedom.
    The word competition has been used several times by you! But thank-you for your words of kindness

Whilst I am pleased the citizens of NZ are returning to normal, a casual observer might take some of the postings on here from NZ residents to be the equivalent of those tedious "Professional Yorkshiremen" who manage to shoehorn references to "God's Own County" into every conversation. I'm reminded of the old joke:

"How can you tell if someone's from Yorkshire?"

"You don't need to - they'll tell you."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information