Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummings and Goings...

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Cummings and Goings...

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Hmm...Ms pu "That's nice!" but totally as you have way more than we do, we're virtually free of 'em and enjoying ourselves
    The word competition has been used several times by you! But thank-you for your words of kindness
    Your constant comparisons and references to NZ (which now appear to be motivated by spite) are becoming nauseating - as is your sarcasm.

You already have a NZ and CV thread so go and blow your monkey trumpet there

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Whilst I am pleased the citizens of NZ are returning to normal, a casual observer might take some of the postings on here from NZ residents to be the equivalent of those tedious "Professional Yorkshiremen" who manage to shoehorn references to "God's Own County" into every conversation. I'm reminded of the old joke:

"How can you tell if someone's from Yorkshire?"

"You don't need to - they'll tell you."
    I'll take your word on that as only been up to the North of England once in 2014 but not to Yorkshire! My fiance's family originally came from Liverpool whereas mine came from the South so we visited both areas. It was the first trip back to the UK since our childhoods, so lots of extended family to meet. Everybody loved talking about where they lived, we had a great time

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    You already have a NZ and CV thread so go and blow your monkey trumpet there
    Charming!!

I'm sure you don't mean to be insensitive because you have close relatives in the UK who have been deeply affected by the pressures of Covid. Some of us on here have to deal with the severe repercussions of Covid and to me it does seem as if you are making this a "competition" which isn't particularly compassionate on an anxiety forum.

Anyway, enough said. Please no thumbs up emojis in response.

I’m willing to hear about any nation doing well throughout this crisis and I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt that there was no competition element to this, however, there does seem to be an almost “nya nya” feel to a few of your posts that isn’t really sitting right.

Perhaps that’s not your intention but clearly you’re coming across this way to more than one person.

Prince Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I’m willing to hear about any nation doing well throughout this crisis and I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt that there was no competition element to this, however, there does seem to be an almost “nya nya” feel to a few of your posts that isn’t really sitting right.

Perhaps that’s not your intention but clearly you’re coming across this way to more than one person.
    You're right Gary, it was never my intention to make it a competition and yes, a few people interpreted it in this way, ganged up and became vitriolic. Initially, I was sharing my joy at having my country come through this crisis, relatively unscathed but this was seen by some as gloating. Meanwhile it seemed ok for some to take pot shots at NZ and expect me not to react, double standards!

I've been ridiculed for my name, told what to do and basically told to get lost by the Complaints Mismanagement Controller.
    However, I can make my own decisions whether to leave or not, and generally I like to join in and help others where I can.

There's a few of us from Down Under (Southern Hemisphere) on this forum and we do have shared commonality, through ancestry, travel and sport (to name a few), plus a quirky sense of humour and a tough exterior, so we're different! However, we too are valuable members of this online community although at times it feels like we're not.

I actually have feet in both camps as I have my UK cousins and my own family of Kiwi's here in NZ and I love them all

Lesley, you are very much valued as a member. I know I appreciate your posts for a start. Your viewpoints and life experiences are also very insightful.

The same to our other mates down under. I love the sense of humour of you guys and being a Midlander it's what we are like.

You're right Gary, it was never my intention to make it a competition and yes, a few people interpreted it in this way, ganged up and became vitriolic. Initially, I was sharing my joy at having my country come through this crisis, relatively unscathed but this was seen by some as gloating. Meanwhile it seemed ok for some to take pot shots at NZ and expect me not to react, double standards!

I've been ridiculed for my name, told what to do and basically told to get lost by the Complaints Mismanagement Controller.
    However, I can make my own decisions whether to leave or not, and generally I like to join in and help others where I can.

There's a few of us from Down Under (Southern Hemisphere) on this forum and we do have shared commonality, through ancestry, travel and sport (to name a few), plus a quirky sense of humour and a tough exterior, so we're different! However, we too are valuable members of this online community although at times it feels like we're not.

I actually have feet in both camps as I have my UK cousins and my own family of Kiwi's here in NZ and I love them all
    This isn’t me having a go, it’s a bit of a word to the wise that whilst I don’t believe you’re being deliberately mean or trying to make it a competition, it’s just coming across this way. Perhaps that’s us being a bit over sensitive but it’s just me trying to make you aware without having a pop at you.

Lesley,

Just to clarify, KK is not a member of the NMP admin team - his title is referring to a long-running thread which he takes part in.

As always, we are watching contentious threads closely and will intervene where we think appropriate.

Best wishes

Andrew

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information