Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Cummings and Goings...

Re: Cummings and Goings...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yep, it's futile. BoJo trying to gloss over it too. His rating has plummeted.

The guy is seen as the mastermind behind Brexit (Farage forgot? Banks forgotten?) And he invented the slogan 'get Brexit done'. Now he could be the mastermind behind scuppering Brexit if they sack him since he would be eligible to join the gravy train that is the club for failed politicians and their staff. An EU commission awaits
    And now almost one year on, ironically, Bozzer's ratings appear to have bounced back significantly, whilst Keir's have plummeted, especially as the Tories have reportedly made significant gains in the recent local elections.

Almost as if the pandemic hadn't even happened!

Having said that, UKIP now mostly seem to be fading into relative obscurity, following their high point from around 2008-15, but the Green Party seem to be growing in stature, which I personally don't mind.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 26-05-21 at 14:44.

I'm pleased about the green party too. I'm very much a left wing sort of person with a greenish tinge.

Seems really strange how just over a year ago DC was really getting in the neck over allegedly defying the national lockdown rules but he is now really giving the govt what for over their alleged handling of the pandemic, which I agree has been farcical, but I really struggle to understand as to why DC waited until now to 'come out' over it all, especially as he was cast out as the 'bad boy' back then?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    And now almost one year on, ironically, Bozzer's ratings appear to have bounced back significantly, whilst Keir's have plummeted, especially as the Tories have reportedly made significant gains in the recent local elections.

Almost as if the pandemic hadn't even happened!

Having said that, UKIP now mostly seem to be fading into relative obscurity, following their high point from around 2008-15, but the Green Party seem to be growing in stature, which I personally don't mind.
    It's because of the vaccine. Public confidence in the government has grown.

Starmer is disliked in his own party as the Corbynites still fight for a return, he sent poor signals over the BLM, is marred by anti Semitism and doesn't set the world alight. People are suspicious of Starmer over Brexit too. He's vanilla.

Current Labour are a mess marred by Corbyn's tenure. The only way they have a chance at the moment is for the Tories to give it away. They will never win back up here with the current front bench unless Boris really badly messes up.

Starmer was never the man in my opinion. I'm interested to see who comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Seems really strange how just over a year ago DC was really getting in the neck over allegedly defying the national lockdown rules but he is now really giving the govt what for over their alleged handling of the pandemic, which I agree has been farcical, but I really struggle to understand as to why DC waited until now to 'come out' over it all, especially as he was cast out as the 'bad boy' back then?
    He can ride the wave of anti Boris, anti Tory, anti government, etc. Those who previously hated him will love him just as Blair was suddenly absolved of his crimes after 2016 by many.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    He can ride the wave of anti Boris, anti Tory, anti government, etc. Those who previously hated him will love him just as Blair was suddenly absolved of his crimes after 2016 by many.
    I can assure you that I'll never forgive Blair, his ersatz-Tories and his "Third Way".

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I'm pleased about the green party too. I'm very much a left wing sort of person with a greenish tinge.
    I'm beginning to think that Labour will become an irrelevance as people start to realise that 'green' issues really do matter and that they're not just cranks trying to take us back to the 17th century.

I'm so torn. I've always worked on the assumption that DC is a lying toad.
    Yet now I want to believe his every word.

I guess the crux of the matter is that BORIS believed him (allegedly) during the Barnard Castle débacle... So he is officially truthful.
    Deliciously ironic innit?

Much as I loathe DC I thought he coped very well today over what must have been a gruelling marathon of an interrogation. I bet he's had loads of coaching though.

The DM will be in their element tomorrow..

Am looking forward to Matt Hancock's response in 2 weeks.

Ghastly that this should all be playing out as a soap opera now when so many people have been bereaved and have to listen to all these grisly details.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Much as I loathe DC I thought he coped very well today over what must have been a gruelling marathon of an interrogation. I bet he's had loads of coaching though.

The DM will be in their element tomorrow..

Am looking forward to Matt Hancock's response in 2 weeks.

Ghastly that this should all be playing out as a soap opera now when so many people have been bereaved and have to listen to all these grisly details.
    And this time next week this current Cummings vs Bozzer row will probably be water under the bridge and Labour will probably once again be in the doghouse over something or other!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information