Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top of head pressure headache

Re: Top of head pressure headache

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I had a similar headache a couple of weeks ago for about 3 days. It culminated in the first panic attack I’ve had for years. Once it was over and I realised what had happened I haven’t had one since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it's been 3 weeks now since the start of my headache and the symptoms have not eased, the pressure is still on top of my head and I get occasional pressure at the back and side of my head, which then starts to feel bubbly. I don't have any vision symptoms. (which I guess is good)
    I've started to get neck tension when moving my neck all the way to the side it hurts and sometimes in certain positions the pain in my neck/shoulder is so bad that I have to get up and move around.
    I've also been getting my wife to massage my shoulders and neck to try and ease the tension and sometimes it seems to actually help my headache, but of course me being me I start to think it's all in my head and as soon as you start to think the pressure gets worse and worse.
    I wake up every morning with a panic attack, my body is shaking and my heart rate is racing

Yesterday was my birthday and my wife made it super special for me, but for me it is one of my worst anxiety days.. I was so down and depressed. I had woken up with a headache and of course reading brain tumor rubbish online that was one of the symptoms and that just triggered my anxiety for the whole day.

I have an eye test tomorrow and I'm hoping that's the re-assurance I need that it's not a brain tumor, but I can't stop thinking "what if they say this or that".
    My life is such a mess right now, I'm depressed and I feel like I'm letting my wife down by being a shitty Husband. I try and be as normal as possible for her, but I'm also alone during the day a lot (as she's a nurse so goes to work) so I have time to think about anxiety and everything going on.
    I am working from home, but work stress doesn't help and in my spare time I'll play computer games to keep my mind busy.
    Last edited by RVP; 07-06-20 at 17:52.

https://haydeneatstheworld.com/hiccups/ - chapter 2: headaches

Trust me, read the chapter or not, you do not have anything serious going on. I have had every headache under the sun, I've had them for weeks at a time, I've had very embarrassing headaches - which you can find out about if you choose to read it - it's quite funny. But moral of the story is that serious causes of headaches are very rare, not very subtle, and most importantly, not what are causing yours!

Stay calm friends

Hijikata you are a great writer. Your headache chapter made me laugh and eased some of my fears about my MRI next week. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by carriewriting View Post
    Hijikata you are a great writer. Your headache chapter made me laugh and eased some of my fears about my MRI next week. Thank you.
    Thanks for the kind words Carrie, a fellow writer?

And I'm glad it made you laugh, I'm trying to make it as humourous as possible, which isn't hard lol.

Your MRI will be fine, I guarantee you.

After years and every kind of headache I've just learned that some days I am going to be a write off and the only thing I worry about is when the pain will stop lol

Feel better soon friend

Quote Originally Posted by Hijikata View Post
    https://haydeneatstheworld.com/hiccups/ - chapter 2: headaches

Trust me, read the chapter or not, you do not have anything serious going on. I have had every headache under the sun, I've had them for weeks at a time, I've had very embarrassing headaches - which you can find out about if you choose to read it - it's quite funny. But moral of the story is that serious causes of headaches are very rare, not very subtle, and most importantly, not what are causing yours!

Stay calm friends
    Thank you.. I read chapter 2 and it was very funny, but also very informative.

My eye test came out completely fine, other than I have a slight stigma, so I've got to wear glasses when I am concentrating, TV, PC etc.

I guess from you extract I can take that the size of the brain tumour will increase the intracranial pressure, thus resulting in the headaches. So if I had pressure in my head, that would also be apparent in my eye test as they did a complete scan of the back and front of my eyes. (They couldn't do pressure test due to Covid but the optician assured me if there was any pressure in the eye it would also be picked up in the eye scan).

So I guess from that I can put this brain tumour anxiety to rest at least and bring it down to tension!

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information