Thread: Feet Swelling, Puffiness

Feet Swelling, Puffiness

Anyone know or aware if dehydration can cause puffiness in feet? Notice mine are puffy around where it joins the leg and ankle bone. Ankles seem okay but my shins do feel achey and some discomfort. Appreciate your advice.

Re: Feet Swelling, Puffiness

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPC View Post
    Anyone know or aware if dehydration can cause puffiness in feet? Notice mine are puffy around where it joins the leg and ankle bone. Ankles seem okay but my shins do feel achey and some discomfort. Appreciate your advice.
    Could be edema (fluid retention) which is often circulatory, maybe a blockage in a leg vein. Depending on the cause some people need meds to help with this. Exercise helps with circulatory issues.

That’s a worry. Thanks Wise

The swelling is not significant. I do have some varicose veins in one leg.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPC View Post
    The swelling is not significant. I do have some varicose veins in one leg.
    Yep it's pretty common but worth getting checked out especially as you've had a few other issues that may be associated. Keep up the walking though, it's a must

I will speak with the Dr this morning. I’m thinking now that I have heart failure, blood clots or organ failures. My dr thought that I had Covid 9-10 weeks ago and I’ve read that it can cause failure with the organs. My tummy is quite bloated too , which I put down to antibiotics and I have been getting breathless at times with a tickle throat. My partner is adamant that it’s hay fever as she gets this every year around this time. Of course, I’m never at home usually as I leave early and return at about 8 from work. I would have thought if it were the heart that I wouldn’t be able to walk for long periods. Who knows. Will let you know what happens today

I’m lying in bed having all manner of thoughts rushing through my head that I’m in kidney, liver, heart failure or all three of them. My legs and ankles feel like there’s a pressure on them. My feet have become puffy in the past 48hrs. My stomach has been bloated for 12 or so weeks which I put down to 4 courses of antibiotics over a 12 or so week period.
    I know that I’m passing blood in my Irvine which is not visible and have been for weeks. This was confirmed when I had a UTi mid Feb and was confirmed again at the end of March despite the infection clearing. I know I’m passing protein as my pee is sometimes foamy. I’ve had this in the past which has settle before. A dr thinks that I’ve had Covid, which would have started around 12 weeks ago. I’m thinking that it is now ravaging my organs, which I’ve read it can do. I have had two negative tests which I’m told would be the case unless it’s checked within 8 days of symptoms starting. I’m getting numbness in my hands and to make matters worse I have heart disease after an event three years ago. I’m literally at my wits end. My missus has had enough of me keep going on as has everyone else. I keep getting chest pain and breathing issues. Chest x Ray was clear. Bloods for kidney, liver, bone and thyroid 2 weeks ago were clear, though the leg and feet issue has just started a few days ago. I’ve managed to actually get to see a dr face to face on Thursday. I’m having another sleepless night which is not good For mind or body. . Sorry to go on.

An hour or so sleep waking with a racing heart and a jolt! My legs feel burning and the discomfort has spread up to my knees.. On a positive note, my tummy is quite soft but still bloated. Not having eaten or drank anything since last night, I can breath my stomach in and it looks flatter. This has been the best it’s been for a many months but if I drink or eat it will bloat. Amazing that I can be more rational in the light of day. I will consume a lot of water today which should ease the varicose veins that have appeared in my legs and will keep my hydrated. I’m sure a lack of hydration or just drink decaf tea or a few strong cups of coffee is not good for hydration. I feel sick and absolutely fatigue but that will be down to the lack of sleep during the past 48 or so hrs. I hope today is a better day.

Thread Information