Thread: Ear whooshing

Ear whooshing

I’m really struggling at the moment. I’ve had this for about 6 years and only really hear it at night in certain positions when lying down. I’ve been off work for about 8 weeks now and my anxiety is starting to creep up on me as I’m home alone until later during the day. I can’t sleep at night because this whooshing noise in my ear is scaring me so much. I’ve got a funny optic nerve on the side of that ear and I’ve had lots of tests a few years ago and nothing came of it but I’ve read all sorts about optic nerve and whooshing is a bad sign and I’m terrified. I never get it during the day but today because I’ve been so scared of it I keep hearing it and I don’t know if it’s real or my body tricking me. I’ve figured that if I’ve had these things for 6 and maybe more years that if it was bad I’d know by now, but I’m really struggling with it. It’s seems the more anxious I am the louder it is.

Re: Ear whooshing

Hey, no I don’t get headaches but I have been recently because I’ve been so stressed but I’m not a person who gets headaches normally. It’s only the one optic nerve and the other one is fine. It only really happens at night unless I’m really stressed about it then I can hear it a lot because I’m listening for it. I’ve noticed for the past couple of years it hasn’t really been there or if it is it hasn’t been as bad but I did lose a bit of weight too.

I get whooshing in my ears very frequently, always figured it to be normal to be honest with you. If it’s something that’s been going on that long for you it’s not something to be concerned about, if it were, you would of known about it by now.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

I suppose so. The only thing that’s changed is my eyesight in the eye with the optic nerve,it’s worsened but I only really wear my glasses for driving so that could be why I guess. This lockdown has just added so my anxiety to me again when I was doing really well☹️

Thread Information