Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fear of Spinal Tumor back !!!! Help

Bad Back Pain on Movement and Twisting Help

For the past week I've had a bad stabbing ache in the middle of my back only when laying on my left side on the couch and moving to get out of that position causes a shooting pain through my mid back. I can recreate the pain when twisting my torso . Theres no pain if I'm not moving or lying on my right side. But as usual my Hypochondria kicks in and I instantly start thinking its referred pain from some kind of Cancer like Pancreatic or Lung or even a spinal tumor. I'm freaking out can somebody help please. I am a 36 year old Male

Re: Bad Back Pain on Movement and Twisting Help

You're freaking out about an obvious (like...reeeeally obvious) cause of the pain.

Only you can change that thought pattern.

Choose to accept the obvious. Spend less time laying down, and do some exercise. I bet it'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragi316 View Post
    For the past week I've had a bad stabbing ache in the middle of my back only when laying on my left side on the couch and moving to get out of that position causes a shooting pain through my mid back. I can recreate the pain when twisting my torso . Theres no pain if I'm not moving or lying on my right side. But as usual my Hypochondria kicks in and I instantly start thinking its referred pain from some kind of Cancer like Pancreatic or Lung or even a spinal tumor. I'm freaking out can somebody help please. I am a 36 year old Male
    Sounds like you hurt your back, time to take it easy.

Sounds like a muscle spasm. Pain caused by a tumour does not go away and is usually not affected by movement. It might be the way you're laying down.

Absolutely freaking out that I might have Spinal Tumor

Im a 36 year old male .So for the past month now I have been dealing with Upper Back pain around my shoulder blades and right under them. It is a sharp stiff pain whenever I twist my torso or when I'm lying on my left side. I can recreate the pain and if I'm not moving I'm fine. But stupid me I googled and have gone down the Rabbit hole of fear convincing myself I have a tumor pressing on my spine. I'm a nervous wreck right now not to mention im moving from my child hood home and last week my Fiance left me. I feel as low as can be right now . Please help

Re: Absolutely freaking out that I might have Spinal Tumor

Sorry you're having a rough time, but I promise, your beliefs are utterly irrational.

Jumping from back pain to tumour is frankly ridiculous. The power of Google.

Just sounds like normal back pain from muscle tension/over use to me. Likely just pulled something or it’s from stress.

Also my mum worked with someone who had a spinal tumour. Won’t say what it was like for her but it was nothing like you are describing.

Thanks Guys for the words I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragi316 View Post
    I twist my torso or when I'm lying on my left side. I can recreate the pain and if I'm not moving I'm fine.
    Sounds like tight muscles, a tumour would be constant and no resting position will help it. My dad had an abscess on his spine and he was so unwell he could barely walk and was in so much, constant pain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information