Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are swelled feet a sign of anything?

Re: Are swelled feet a sign of anything?

Yes, it does. If he hasn’t said anything, I’m sure it’s all in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Yes, it does. If he hasn’t said anything, I’m sure it’s all in your head.
    I've never had swollen feet myself so I didn't know if there would be any discomfort with them too.
    I'm just hoping that he would say something if they were sore or uncomfortable.

HA is so difficult when you're worried about someone else. At least if it was my own feet I could check them properly and decide if they were swollen or not. Not so easy when it's someone else, and I didn't even see his feet today as he wore socks all day......
    Last edited by BrokenGirl; 27-05-20 at 23:17.

Is there something wrong with me that I can't let this go?
    I'm reading through the Health Anxiety modules that are in a sticky, and I'm trying to apply them to this current situation. But every time I try to apply logic, the dragon just takes over and tells me there's something seriously wrong.

For example, yesterday evening I was lying on my bed reading a book when my son came in to me. For whatever reason he ran up the stairs quite quickly. And when he came into me he was out of breath. I asked him what was wrong, as he was breathing heavy, and he laughed and said he is just after running up the stairs. After about a minute he was fine again, breathing normal. But I'm thinking he shouldn't be out of breath after a quick 5/6 second run, or should he, I don't know. And of course my mind is thinking out of breath, possibly swollen feet, this all equals heart problems.
    I'm withered from this.....

He would tell you if he was worried or feeling ill. He’s still young enough that he’d need you reassurance.

Don't mean to sound patronising but at least no one as yet has attempted to shoehorn COVID-19 into this. And probably quite rightly so.

No pun intended, re bit in bold BTW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    He would tell you if he was worried or feeling ill. He’s still young enough that he’d need you reassurance.
    So IF this is related to a heart issue, then would he know something is wrong? Would there be a few other symptoms, and would his feet seem very swollen?
    (Having HA, we tend to notice every tiny little difference. No matter how small a symptom is, we'll find it)

You just hear of these awful stories where young people suddenly drop dead from an undiagnosed heart condition, and that's scaring the life out of me. I don't know much about the details of these - I tend to not listen to them if possible due to my HA, so I'll turn off the radio/tv or do whatever it takes not to hear it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information