Thread: Visiting doctors during this pandemic

Visiting doctors during this pandemic

Has anyone had to go and what's the process? I'm terrified but feel I need to get peace of mind over this lump in breast. I'm mostly confident it's OK but have that niggle feeling it isn't.

Re: Visiting doctors during this pandemic

Ring them, or do an online consultation - that is what most people are having to do before seeing a GP. We've had a number of needs as a family to have medical assistance over the last few weeks and they are doing all the can to avoid anyone coming to the surgery at the moment. My daughter had three long consultations during a 12 hours period with the GP who rang her back a number of times.

I'm terrified but feel I need to get peace of mind over this lump in breast. I'm mostly confident it's OK but have that niggle feeling it isn't.
    The 'peace of mind' won't come through a potential visit, you just KNOW it won't !

Re: Visiting doctors during this pandemic

I've had some telehealth appointments that went well. I'm scheduled for surgery July 8 so I'll need to go in person for my pre-op physical, EKG, chest x-ray, and blood work by the end of June. I talked with my doctor about it and she said her office is only just opening now for pre-op exams, they will only be booking like three per day, and I'll wait in the car until it's my turn, come right into the exam room, both of us will have masks, and then right out. For the lab, it's the same - wait outside until called up, everyone in masks. To be honest, I'm not super concerned about picking up the virus at the doctor. I would have been a month or so ago, but I know the procedures are in place to keep people safe.

Thread Information