Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cerazette

Cerazette plus other worries

I've started a new thread as the other was too long and no one was answering.
    I had a couple of missed periods in Aug/ Sept 2018.
    Odd discharge 10 days before period Jan/Feb 2019.
    Have had bleeding in March/April. Starts 12 days before period.
    Had transvaginal scan in April, 10mm thickness, no fluid, ovaries grossly normal, womb lining same thickness and consistency all over, womb lining looks healthy. No fibroids/polyps. No obvious cause for bleeding or other.
    I am convinced I have womb cancer, since my missed periods.
    Sonographer not worried, 3 GPs not worried. Said after this time, something would have shown up. Blood tests normal, including menopause test.
    I have been put on Cerazette for irregular bleeding, I have had no bleeding since I started the tablet earlier this month. Doctor thinks hormones and perimenopause. She discussed it with colleagues and thinks I need a very mild tablet to help with progesterone.
    I feel better as well. Night sweats better, sleeping better with quite vivid dreams, joint ache better, libido slowly returning, insane anxiety calmed down. I've had these symptoms since my missed periods.
    I have a slight watery discharge at the moment, which is a new worry.
    Is it good the bleeding has stopped pretty much straight away?
    Really losing the will to get up in the morning. Thank you.
    I've also developed a cough and convinced it metastatic cancer in lungs.
    Last edited by Brizzle; 28-06-20 at 12:34.

Re: Cerazette

When I had my transvaginal scan, you could tell I had something going on there, my womb lining was 22mm.

I'm not sure if it's good that the bleeding has stopped, even though the doctor said that the tablet would do that. She said she thought I needed the progesterone.

I've just had a spot of blood on the toilet roll after over a month of no bleeding. Absolutely horrified. I'm in bed crying my eyes out. I'm so bloody sick of this. This stupid pill has been ok up to now.

Why are you crying over a spot of blood? You could be perimenopausal? I think you're around 42 years old? That's when all sorts of different shit happens to your periods. You have been checked recently in April with a TV scan? That scan is pretty precise, and no one found anything and all the doctors say you are fine.
    If something was wrong, they would have seen it by now.

After the scan in April, I was so worried, the doctor emailed gynaecology at the local hospital to try and give me peace of mind. They didnt reply for ages.
    I had a text message from the doctor, tonight asking me to make a routine phone appt. This is to discuss alternative suggestions made by gynaecology, neither of which need to be done urgently.
    This hopefully means they dont think I've got cancer? Worried sick about that now.
    The bleed I had the other day went away almost immediately and nothing since.
    Feel like I'm going mad with worry.
    Last edited by Brizzle; 09-06-20 at 21:34.

Good luck with your appointment

I'm assuming the fact I have to book a routine appt and the gynae suggestions are non urgent, show that there is nothing too much to worry about?

Spoke to doctor about gynae suggestions.
    He said I will not be happy until I have definite proof I dont have cancer. So suggested a TV scan , with biopsy if necessary.
    Wasnt particularly concerned about my bleeding. Said womb lining was slightly thick at 10mm, I thought that was fine?
    Doctor said the fact my bleeding had stopped on the pill was a good sign, cancer wouldn't stop bleeding.
    Absolutely distraught. I'm convinced I've missed something.
    I had 2 missed periods in 2018 and then one wipe of slightly darker mucus at ovulation Jan/Feb last year. I never went to the doctor because they went away. I've always had slightly dodgy bits and loads of stuff that's come and gone with my cycle. Now I think that was the start of cancer and I'm riddled with it.
    Also I've been fat for years, no diabetes, which can contribute.
    I actually hate myself for not losing weight, I'm a crap mum.
    I'm crying and crying. I'm so fed up and scared
    Last edited by Brizzle; 10-06-20 at 14:10.

I would have had uterine cancer for at least 2 years, going by the symptoms I had, which were different to yours. Even when I was diagnosed, my surgery was 5 months later, and the gyn onc said it is such a slow growing cancer and they had more urgent cases to attend to... and even after having it for that long, it was only stage 1A, so I doubt you are riddled with it.

Going by everything you have said, and based on your symptoms, you have nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 11-06-20 at 06:04.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information