Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top of head pressure headache

Top of head pressure headache

Hi all,

Some of you may have read my previous posts about labrynthitus and dizziness that I have been suffering with for almost a month now. This is getting 10x better and I only really get spells of dizziness once or twice a week, mainly at night.

Now I have been dealing with headaches, first one was on Friday, which felt more like a Migraine, water eye and couldn't even look at a computer screen and pressure on the top of my head. Saturday and Sunday were fine, then today I started off great, did some exercise around lunchtime and then about 2-3pm I started to get pressure on the top of my head and back of my head, which has lasted all day and is still there. Now obviously I am adding this with my dizziness and I'm thinking I have some sort of brain tumour or something seriously wrong in my head to cause these two issues. I don't normally suffer from headaches and when I do they aren't close apart and nor do they last the whole day.

Generally I have been feeling great, my anxiety is a lot better and I have been spending more time with the family rather than on my own.

Re: Top of head pressure headache

So last night I checked my blood pressure.. what a big mistake. It was 151/98 and my heart rate was 65. This made me panic so much that I stupidly kept taking my BP and it kept going up and up and before you knew it I was outside trying to catch my breath and having a full blown panic attack.
    Now everything is on my mind, I think the headaches are hypertension headaches! (most likely not) but it best fit the scenario that happened last night.

My BP is generally very controlled, I checked it on the 21st of may and it was 115/83 so I really don't know. I have been stressing about my headache for the past 3-5 days..could it be that? and it's just a tension headache, or something more serious like a hypertension headache.

Weight on top of head - Anxiety headache?

Hi everyone, recently my health anxiety has been high! and the main reason for this was most likely down to the coronavirus > chest pain > dizziness from labrynthitus > migraine > and now tension type headache.

My headache has been constant for 3-4 days now and it just feels like there's a weight on top of my head and randomly I'll get the odd stabbing pain in my temples or back/side of head.

Now I keep thinking that it's a brain tumour or something bad as I had labrynthitus which is slowly getting better but it's not 100% after 6 weeks.

From other posts headaches are very common sign of anxiety and tension, so what can I do to reduce this? I take paracetamol everyday but in all honesty, it doesn't really do anything.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Re: Weight on top of head - Anxiety headache?

Has anyone had this? It's really bugging the hell out of me and I'm resisting the urge to ring my Dr if it just sounds like a tension headache

I’ve honestly been having something similar. Like a weight around my head for the past few days with random stabbing pains. I’m definitely thinking it’s anxiety as I’ve been really stressed over the past few days with health anxiety and if you’ve been having a stressful time too then it’s likely that. I haven’t found much to relieve mine either other than because it’s been very hot here,I’ve put a cold towel on my head and it helped a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimee1875 View Post
    I’ve honestly been having something similar. Like a weight around my head for the past few days with random stabbing pains. I’m definitely thinking it’s anxiety as I’ve been really stressed over the past few days with health anxiety and if you’ve been having a stressful time too then it’s likely that. I haven’t found much to relieve mine either other than because it’s been very hot here,I’ve put a cold towel on my head and it helped a lot!
    Thank you.. I tried your trick and although it definitely helped with the heat, it didn't shift the headache. I'm just trying to keep myself stress free by keeping occupied doing other stuff and hopefully in a weeks time the headache will go! If not I guess it'll be a phone call to the Drs! which I really don't want to do, because they'll want to see me in the office as I've been dizzy for the last 6 weeks as well for Labrynthitus (suspected viral ear infection) this has however gotten 99.9% better.

I can't advise but know exactly how you feel. I had elevated bp a month or more ago. Dr did a 24hr monitor to see if my dose needed altered. It came back ok although I have a tendency for it to rise. Now every time I check it at home it goes way up because I can't seem to stay calm enough to check it. I have the head pain you describe and also like a band around my head. I have to get it rechecked in a months time. Stress raises my bp and I know causes the headache because I was feeling fine until I checked it.

By the way A&E only consider bp over 200 an emergency if that helps you worry less. But get gp to check you out anyway.

Didn't want to start a new thread of headaches but wanted to ask the question:

How long have your tension headaches lasted?

Mine have been 99% constant for a week now, they generally seem to get worse as the day goes on and can sometimes ease off if I lie down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearly queen View Post
    By the way A&E only consider bp over 200 an emergency if that helps you worry less. But get gp to check you out anyway.
    Thanks.. I obviously googled when I shouldn't have and it did say for a hypertension headache to come on it's got to be quite severe, and I guess at that stage you'd be quite ill anyways.

I still have this headache. I am going to give my GP a call tomorrow and hopefully they can provide some assurance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information