Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sore on Scalp?

Re: Sore on Scalp?

Yes, eczema usually flares up in the same spots. The other likely possibility, especially if it gets really flakey and they're in circles, is ringworm. Do you have any pets?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Yes, eczema usually flares up in the same spots. The other likely possibility, especially if it gets really flakey and they're in circles, is ringworm. Do you have any pets?
    Oh, that’s even more reassuring! It isn’t raised aside from the scabbing, and it’s only been itchy rather than sore or anything, but I’ve only recently started having so many skin problems since entering my 20s so I wasn’t sure if it’d keep coming back in the same spot. I do have pets (cats, a dog, and bunny) & I’ll probably give them a check after looking at this, but from what I can see of the spot I have it’s not as circular as I’d expect for ringworm. I’m thinking I’ll get some oils for my hair and different shampoo to see if it helps it clear up! My thigh skin acting up paired with this now has been one rough week 😣

Dude, you can't die from any of this, so calm down. If it doesn't go away in 2 weeks and becomes more circular and more itchy, its probably ringworm, and you can order some antibiotic cream from the dog. Easy peazy. Your pets probably won't show anything.

Yes, dandruff shampoo will help if it's bad eczema.

It’s not the eczema or anything that hit my anxiety, it’s the irrational fear that it could be skin cancer or something. I’m more calm now, just looking for good products to clear it up. Thanks for your reassurance! Just gonna keep an eye on it & treat it how I can. If it gets worse, i’ll head to the derm

I’ve recently had my lymph nodes come up every month, followed my scalp infection after scalp infection. Sore spots and bumps all over my head, the Dr just gives me antibiotics which seem to do nothing. I often have to get another week and by that time they have cleared up by themselves.
    I’m starting to think it’s stress related to my OCD, I pushed for swabs and results should be back Monday.
    I’m now getting the spots on my chest too, but all they it is before we get results is folliculitis 🧐 I think there’s something else going on with all my chronic stresses and anxities.
    They are not dry or flaky, just I catch them when brushing, and some are hard lumps. Anyone else? Thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information