Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Panic buying now forgotten about?

Re: Panic buying now forgotten about?

I am used to going to the shops most days and now limit myself to 2 supermarket shops a week which I find hard as I don't have a freezer but have got 4 adult mouths to feed, one mouth being more open than usual thanks to appetite-stimulating meds! I've found it really hard to get Bran Flakes which are one of my safe foods but apparently the factory where they are made was shut down at the start of lockdown..Have managed to find a few packets recently though which all helps. It's good that supplies on the shelves are much better now-I found it really stressful back in March/April. There's still no flour and baking stuff available but that hasn't bothered me as I'm not a cake or bread maker.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I am used to going to the shops most days and now limit myself to 2 supermarket shops a week which I find hard as I don't have a freezer but have got 4 adult mouths to feed, one mouth being more open than usual thanks to appetite-stimulating meds! I've found it really hard to get Bran Flakes which are one of my safe foods but apparently the factory where they are made was shut down at the start of lockdown..Have managed to find a few packets recently though which all helps. It's good that supplies on the shelves are much better now-I found it really stressful back in March/April. There's still no flour and baking stuff available but that hasn't bothered me as I'm not a cake or bread maker.

We're lucky enough to have a guaranteed weekly Ocado slot and they seem to have Bran Flakes. If you can't get a slot I could order them for you and get them to you....somehow lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    We're lucky enough to have a guaranteed weekly Ocado slot and they seem to have Bran Flakes. If you can't get a slot I could order them for you and get them to you....somehow lol.
    That is so very kind of you , Joe and thank you. I have managed to get a supply from Tesco now and it seems the supply is back to normal but I'm really grateful for your offer! Maybe Her Maj has a penchant for them so your local Ocado makes sure the royal taste buds are always satisfied?

I can't get an online delivery slot even though I'm a registered carer. Having said that I prefer to get out and choose my own stuff anyway.

He's been my F dealer for some time. The trouble is the dependency, you need it regular. And you have to judge your needs just right: too little and you end up bunged up, too much and it's bad shit and lots of it!

The first one is free.

M'k?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    As we all remember back in March when the COVID-19 outbreak was really starting to get going both here in the UK and worldwide, there was a lot of panic-buying going on with epic stampedes for toilet rolls, pasta, etc, which suddenly seemed to peter out from around early April onwards, and now seems to be mostly forgotten about as if it hadn't even happened at all.

With the benefit of hindsight, I wonder if all that hysteria was really justified (and possibly a waste of our time, energy and mental health), especially as most people eventually came to their senses and realised that there were no actual (or at least mega-significant) shortages of anything.

What does anyone on here think now looking back?
    Not only was it not justified in large part it was manufactured. Why do we act like complete sheeple in this stuff. I heard a good one the other day it said how can you pick a politician out of a large crowd? He'll be the one that's not wearing a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Not only was it not justified in large part it was manufactured. Why do we act like complete sheeple in this stuff. I heard a good one the other day it said how can you pick a politician out of a large crowd? He'll be the one that's not wearing a mask.
    Typical pack mentality. Black Friday style!!

Right Lenso!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information