Thread: 2 yo night sweats? Lymphoma?

2 yo night sweats? Lymphoma?

Hi guys, I posted a while back here talking about my daughter's neck lymph nodes, they felt big, but they are movable, and at most, 1 cm large, still that felt big for a 2 yo girl, so immediately I got worried, on top of that, she has night sweats every night. Not to the point where the bed turns damp, but I've caught some sweat stains in her pillow before, and then I Googled it, and guess what, is a symptom of lymphoma in children, the thing is she is so energetic, she isn't losing weight, she always has appetite, but these night sweats and lymph nodes are very worry some, anyone here dealt with night sweats in children before?

Re: 2 yo night sweats? Lymphoma?

Hi, not night sweats (unless they were unwell) but my eldest had visible lymph nodes in her neck at about 18 months. I was so worried I had her to the pediatrician. He ran some blood tests and all were fine. She's now 35 and having a child of her own. 1 cm nodes are not big at all and can come up and down. If it continues see your Dr for an opinion and a blood test.

My neighbour's daughter 18 months (who did have leukemia) had a lack of energy and huge bruises on her back and legs. 24 hours after blood tests, she was in the hospital having treatment. She's alive and well, is 30 and has 2 children of her own.

My daughter has always been a sweater. She will wake up literally drenched like she dunked her head in water. It started around age 2 as well. She's 6 now, so clearly not leukemia.

Both my kids were sweaters like their Dad No biggie.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Maybe she's hot.

All three of my kids sweated at night at that age. I would go in and check them and their hair would be really wet. I remember reading on some parenting forums that it's normal for kids at that age.

Thread Information