Hi everyone, I've been using this site since 2014 for GAD help. But today, I was finally diagnosed with OCD and it's very new territory for me.

After talking to my doctor, I'm scared that I'm faking it! During my appointment, I felt like I was exaggerating my symptoms just because I'm desperate for someone to take me seriously and actually help me. I told her about rituals and fixations that I struggled with in high school, but since I've been in college they've bothered me less. Now I'm worried that the medication she prescribed me with will be unnecessary. I feel like I lied to her even though I was perfectly open about this.

Has anyone felt like this before? A lot of the symptoms I had during high school went away without treatment. I still struggle with intrusive thoughts and health anxiety, but it's been a long time since I've has compulsions. I'm worried this means that I don't actually have OCD anymore and I'm just being overdramatic. Like the diagnosis would have applied to me in high school but not so much now. Is this worth bringing up with my doctor? I'm scared of starting medication if I don't really need it.
But then again, she probably knows best. Any advice would be helpful!!