Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worrying About Appointment On Tuesday

Worrying About Appointment On Tuesday

I've got an appointment with the community mental health team on Tuesday. I was supposed to send them a questionairre thingy and I forgot all about it and I also forgot to call them to confirm that I'll be attending. being forgetful is a big part of my BPD, of course they don't know that I have BPD cos the doctor probably never told them. Always ten different people saying ten different things in these places.

Also on the letter that I found today it states that it's a "one-off" appointment, what does that mean? I need more help than a "one-off" meeting!

I get a terrible feeling that I'm about to be fobbed off again, why won't anyone help me?

I just go round and round and round in circles, never moving forward at all.

Gordon

Re: Worrying About Appointment On Tuesday

Hi Gordon,

Please try not to worry about your appointment, my experience of the Community Mental Health team has always been a good one over the past 3 year and they have given me lots of support and guidance.
    Give them a call tomorrow and let them know you will be attending and say that you will bring the questionnaire thingy with you if that's ok with them.
    I think what they mean by a "one off appointment" is that they will assess what they can do for you at this initial appointment and then allocate your case to one specific person after they are more aware of your needs and issues.

I really hope that you aren't fobbed off and I wish you all the best with your appointment, please let me know how it goes for you hun.

Pink.

Hi Gordon,
    I agree with Pink Panic, you should ring them up tomorrow and confirm that you will be attending. i also think that the 'one off' appointment means that they will assess your needs and which of the team you would be better seeing on a longer term basis.
    Hope everything goes well on Tuseday, will be thinking about you,
    TC xxxxxxxxxx

hi gordan hope it goes ok tuesday and i sure they will help you remember i always here for you , big hugs and sloppy snogs remember i love you xxxxxxx

Gords just wanted to wish you luck for Tuesday my friend, Like some of the others have said i think the initial assesment is to see who is best suited to help you within the mental health team.

Please let me know how it goes mate, i have mine on the 19th of next month and am bricking it bigstyle lol

Brightest Angel Blessings
    Mystics

i know people will tell you to not worry about it but its the worst thing

i think you should just visualise youself going in calmly sitting down and coming out smiling.....there is alot on your mind at the moment...i think you just need to try these specific visualisation methods and see if it improves your visit or puts your mind at ease.

Good luck Gordon,

It sounds like you are going for an initial assessment. This is normal when you first get involved with the CMHT. It happens after your GP refers you to them. You'll probably be seeing a CPN first of all, and then they'll go from there. They'll go through lots of stuff with you and get you set up with the proper treatment.

Just give them a call today to confirm you are coming and bring all the questionnaires with you.

You'll be fine mate, stay strong and be as honest as possible to them and they will get you on the right road to recovery.

Jim

Thanks all.

Just to add to my worries, I discovered a lump in a certain place (the worst place where men can get lumps if you catch my drift) and I'm bricking it about that now too although it's a bit sore and a mate told me that if it was a bad lump it wouldn't be sore so that's a bit of a relief. Still worrying about what else it could be though.

Gordon

Hi again Gordon,

I think you should get yourself off to the Docs and get yourself checked to get some peace of mind.

Your mate is probably right and it isn't anything to worry about but better let Doc have a look just to be on the safe side.

Take Good Care,

Pink
    x

Hi Gordon, sorry to hear you have another problem. I know its hard but you have to have that checked I know you'd rather not know, but it's probably nothing as its sore, but don't always rely on mates get down the docs and put your mind at rest you don't need another worry at the moment.
    Good luck
    Lesleyb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information