Thread: Heart burn?

Heart burn?

I’ve been to the Dr for a few times about this. I went to the dr about a month ago and the dr told me to take Pepcid. I’ve just been having it an often lot lately. Today I had some taquitos and some pizza. ( more than I should have ) and then I had some chicken nuggets from McDonald’s for dinner. I’m trying to sleep and my chest is burning in the middle. As always I’m afraid that this is a heart issue even though a dr told me last month that I was too young. I’m just scared and now I have my pulse oximeter thing on my finger and my heart is staying around 100 as I’m laying down, it goes up to around 105 Even when I’m trying to relax. My chest just feels like it’s on fire 😔
    Last edited by UserName20; 30-05-20 at 07:05.

Re: Heart burn?

Anxiety can affect your digestion & you definitely ate a lot of foods today that take longer to digest.
    Prop yourself up in bed a bit, and take an antacid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    Today I had some taquitos and some pizza. ( more than I should have ) and then I had some chicken nuggets from McDonald’s for dinner. I’m trying to sleep and my chest is burning in the middle.
    Really? And you're wondering why you're having symptoms?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yep all that crap food will do it.Your cholesterol level must be high I would be worried about that before an ulcer.

Yes, lesson learned lol. I probably had like 5 pieces of frozen pizza later afternoon which right there I usually only have 2 or 3. Then later at night my dad brought home McDonald’s and although I was too stuffed to eat the rest of the meal, I did have some nuggets. Which right there was incredibly stupid. My dad has always suffered from acid reflux but I really didn’t have any issues with it until almost a year ago when I was 19. I had been on a diet prior to this entire quarantine situation and since then I’ve just been eating what’s in the house which is often junk! But I mean even just a hamburger for dinner and nothing else the entire day will set it off lately. But then again some days ( such as yesterday ) I’ve definitely been guilty of eating to cope with all the emotions I’ve been having during this stressful time which needs to end.

My chest feels a bit better this morning, but still kinda burns. Guess I should start the prescription my doctor had given me again. Although it usually takes a few days to work.

Yes, lesson learned lol. I probably had like 5 pieces of frozen pizza later afternoon which right there I usually only have 2 or 3. Then later at night my dad brought home McDonald’s and although I was too stuffed to eat the rest of the meal, I did have some nuggets. Which right there was incredibly stupid. My dad has always suffered from acid reflux but I really didn’t have any issues with it until almost a year ago when I was 19. I had been on a diet prior to this entire quarantine situation and since then I’ve just been eating what’s in the house which is often junk! But I mean even just a hamburger for dinner and nothing else the entire day will set it off lately. But then again some days ( such as yesterday ) I’ve definitely been guilty of eating to cope with all the emotions I’ve been having during this stressful time which needs to end.

My chest feels a bit better this morning, but still kinda burns. Guess I should start the prescription my doctor had given me again. Although it usually takes a few days to work.
    Exactly! It does take a week or so of the PPI before it kicks in but you also have to watch what, how much and when you eat. Avoid large meals or foods that trigger your reflux in the evening. Look into the FODMAP diet and keep a food journal so you know what foods aggravate you. Also keep some chewable antacids or Mylanta/Gaviscon in case you have breakthrough reflux.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes, lesson learned lol.

Or.....

Accept that heartburn is a result of eating crap, and stop eating crap.

Medication itself is taken as a last resort surely? Not so you can carry on doing the thing that's causing the issue in the first place?

Thank you, I saved that site and I’m going to print out it out to give me ideas on what to add to a grocery list for myself. I need to get back on a diet like I was before. I know staying home the past couple of months has made me eat more crap! Definitely not a healthy habit to get into on my part! I had lost over 20 pounds on the diet before quarantine, and somehow ( no clue how!) I am still staying around that number which is good and where I want to be. Before quarantine I was feeling great, I was going to the gym everyday after working 10 hour days and I think the change of everything just threw a curve ball at me. I know it did for all of us though! My parents suggested we order pizza tonight and for once I had to laugh and tell them I think I’ll sit this one out!

The heart burn got better for the most part. I’ve been limiting the junk that I’ve been eating. I will notice at night I get really worked up. I can’t sleep through the night without waking up most hours and then I notice my chest will hurt. Besides that tonight my face just feels warm to me, kind of the feeling you get if you are angry or embarrassed. And I feel kind of chilly. I have been taking my temperature a lot and the highest it has ever gone is 98.7. It’s usually 98.4-98.6 which I know are normal measurements, but I am starting to feel panicky and not sure why I feel a mixture of hot and cold.

I took my blood pressure and in my left arm it was low a few times in a row. My right arm was 118/70, my left was reading 90/60 or something similar. I googled this and then started freaking out at what it said and how it can signal heart trouble. After taking it again both numbers evened out to almost the same.

I need to get a grip on myself so bad but I can’t. Since this quarantine I have not stopped diagnosing myself with new things. It’s a daily thing. I will have days when I convince myself I can’t breathe properly, the next it’s literally my bicep on arm I’m worried about, ( a couple weeks ago! ) or I am checking my pulse and oxygen, blood pressure and temperature at least 5 times a day. I can’t afford therapy with college, I tried online therapy and used it a week or so. I can’t live my entire like this. And nobody in my family really understands my anxiety so I try and keep it all bottled in besides this site. Every time I try and talk to someone in person like my parents think I am nuts. I just hate myself. I read back through all of my posts and I am embarrassed of myself. I just have this obsession that something is terribly wrong and that it will kill me.

I m tired of telling myself that I am going to get a grip and that I’m going to get better. I’m starting to feel like I will never reach that goal. I just feel so defeated. I have times where I just completely break down and cry a few times a day. And then I collect myself back together and put a smile back on my face for everyone else because I don’t want attention drawn to myself or to be looked down on. I now feel like I have a pain returning to my chest.
    Last edited by UserName20; 04-06-20 at 04:39.

Thread Information